Sunday, August 19, 2007

.that's all folks.

So I finally graduated from my Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program. No, I was not in rehab! This was a 3 semester program that I started last August. It was the hardest thing that I have done up until this point! The first semester was great; it was the last two that were really hard for me. By that time I had work, school and an internship at First Step House, which meant that I was leaving for work at 4:30 am and returning home anywhere between 8-10 pm. Those were really long days! But I am done now. First Step House offered me a job but I didn’t feel that it was for enough money. That it the only problem with State funded facilities! I am looking now, but to be honest it’s nice to just go to work for now. I will figure out what the future has in store for me after I have a week or two of rest! My ultimate goal is to get my masters in Social Work but I am so burned out from school right now that I will have to put that on hold!
Steve had to come straight from work, I can't complain because I think that he looks good in uniform! Mom and Katie were so nice to come. We picked up Katie on the way at her salon Star 21 in Sugarhouse. It was fun to see where she works. Mom was so nice to get me a gift certificate to get a pedicure! Thanks mom!
Roger and Joanne also came, which was so nice of them. They gave me some cute PJ's from Old Navy. Their note said that I needed new PJ's since I could actually get some sleep now! Thanks again!

1 comment:

Britney said...

Congrats graduate!!! Wish we could have been there. Hubba, hubba Steve looks great in his uniform. :)