Monday, June 8, 2009

6 months

Well we had Katy's 6 month appointment last Friday, although she will be 7 months here on the 17th. Better late than never I suppose. I am happy to report that we had a "normal exam"

She weighs 15 lbs and 11 ounces (34%)
She is 25.1 inches long (17%)
Her head is 43 cm wide (68%)

Pretty normal I guess, although I am sure I had her beat on the big head thing when I was that age. I have always had a huge noggin!

Here are some of her likes and dislikes: 

Likes
Chewing on her spoon instead of eating her food, 
Thinking she can walk! No so much
Sleeping in, thank goodness she is like that!
Hangin' out with Dad (daddy's girl for sure)
Pulling chucks hair, ouch!
Screaming
Laughing 
Standing up, again...can't walk!
Yo Gabba Gabba! Ha, I like this one too!

Dislikes
Not being able to make her body do what her head tells it to
Not being able to stand on her own
Not being able to walk on her own
Sitting still!

Well I think we are getting out of the "easy stages" although she is getting so much more fun. I guess more work is not always a bad thing, because it means she is developing well. Cant wait to see what the 9 month appointment in August will turn up for us. So far so good!

7 comments:

Britney said...

Sooo stinkin' cute! Love that girl. Can't wait to be able to give her kisses for a whole week straight!

Kerry said...

She couldn't be any cuter! Look at that smile, she's such a fun baby.

Nicole and Kevin said...

She is darling!!! Oakley misses her, they haven't played for awhile :) I am glad that all went well at her 6 month appointment.

Anonymous said...

So so so so cute and sweet...Can't believe she is 6 months old, You can see how fast time flies with this blog thing...yikes!

T.Irwin said...

She is so cute!!! I love your pictures of her - and she's just a doll!

you look great, too!

Denice said...

That picture is one of the cutest I have ever seen!!! I'm so glad that everything checked out great!

Kara said...

Oh my word!! THat picture is so stinking cute! Ha! I love her big eyes! Six months is such a fun age :)