Monday, June 14, 2010

After the smash

This is how you have a good time after a cake smash shoot....you clean up in the hose! My SIL Heidi asked me to take some 1st birthday pics of Brynne. The cake was enjoyed by all, and we had a BLAST cleaning up as you can see....

Ha, this hair!!! I'm getting better at doing it....just a bit lazy about that this day!

This was actually Katy's first time in the hose. I think this will be something that we do on a regular basis over the summer. As you can see....Katy's skin is screaming for some sun! But not too much sun....remember the sunscreen kids!

Paige was making me laugh so hard. And may I just say....this is the cutest swim suit I have ever seen ever! Do they make these in my size?

Here are some of my favorites.....
Click HERE if you want to see the rest.


Photography Tip: The garage is your best friend when it comes to lighting!

Believe it or not friends, these were taken in the garage....just inside the overhang. Garages create great flat light and help create beautiful catchlights...like in the eyes as you can see in the first photo. It really helps to open up the shadows on faces as well. Now that it's warmer you should give it a try. Also good to try? A door or window, have fun!

2 comments:

melynda said...

ok, she is so cute, i love her hair. and great pictures, as soon as i loose weight i want you to take our family!!:)

ok, next time you do a fun race like that steeple chase, i want to come!! and i LOVE the stake 5k i hope ours does it again this year. it was the biggest turn out they have had, glad your does it too. way fun.

Britney said...

She's adorable! Love me a cake smash session.

Is Katy getting cuter??? Seriously!