Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Great Anniversary

Once upon a time I met Steve at my friend Holly's house. We, us girls, were having a sleep over of course (I don't know if you ever get too old for that). I was late coming over but I was in for a surprise, when I walked in I was greeted by Steve. Let me back up a bit here. I worked with Lance Cannon at the U of U Credit Union. We decided that it would be a fun time to get all of our friends together to hang out, which is what we did at Holly's house. What a time we had together. Steve of course pulled the "I think I know you" bit on me....the strange thing was I felt that I knew him.  

Well the guys left and about 10 minutes later Steve and Davis were back throwing rocks at Holly's window. They asked us to go get something to eat. By the end of the night Steve and I had planned a date the following week. That is how it all started almost 5 years ago.......

And I have been in love with Steve ever since! I won the lottery when Steve asked me to marry him!!!! It's crazy to think that we have been married for 4 years. Lots has happened.....Like the time that I scared Steve so bad while he was in the bathroom cleaning out his ears that he shoved the Q tip in his ear so far that his ear was bleeding and we drove around all night looking for an insta care because we are too cheap to go to the ER, or the time we were coming home on Foothill at 2 in the morning during a blizzard and we helped dig out so many people, we even helped a lady drive her car to her house in the benches, or the time that we went on our Road Trip 2002 and stayed in the scariest hotels in Hollywood and still had the best time ever.....lots of things! We also have moved from a cinder block apartment in the U married housing to a house in Riverton. We have both graduated from the U and worked and gone to school on opposite schedules, and we still made every situation work. We have it all, I can't wait to see what next year has in store for us!

This year for our anniversary we decided to get away on a little road trip to Durango Colorado. A little ski trip. The only thing is, the snow was not so great. We are so funny. So we go to Colorado to go skiing and what do we do? Not go skiing...we are too random. We still had a great time exploring the city and shopping. We also stayed in the most beautiful hotel. Have you ever heard of Super 8? That is where we stayed. Not the worst place we have ever stayed (much better than the time we were in Hollywood!) but it did smell like an ash tray in the hallways. Well we are always on the go, trying to see it all, so we don't spend much time in the room anyway.  

We were also able to go to Mesa Verde National Park, what a place......
This was a great trip for Steve to try out his new Christmas present, his Camera. Good thing that I love Steve and that he is spoiled enough to get his present early!




I think that Mesa Verde was my favorite part of the trip. It sure was cold, not as cold as Druango which had a high the day before of 18! It was a good time of year to go though, no one was there. I was impressed by the wild animals we saw there. Too bad we didn't go before Thanksgiving, we could have gotten a great bird for dinner. 


We also stayed a night in
Moab and we actually went on the tour of Hole in the Rock. We paid 5$ each, what a waste! But at least we can say we saw it now. *Note to self: don't ever pay to see that again!
Stay tuned to see what happens this next year....

2 comments:

Britney said...

Good times, good times. I've never been to Durango. I love your pictures!!! Good job for taking so many. Steve liking his new camera? I love the picture of the ladder and the license plate one is suitable for framing! Also you wildlife pictures are so neat, it was almost like Yellowstone.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.