Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Amy + one year

Do you ever wonder if you will wake up one day and not recognize the person staring back at you? Do you think one day you will wake up and be "old"? It's hard to see it all happening before our own eyes because we get to see the change every day. You may not notice the extra grey hair...but before you know it you have a whole patch of grey hairs.

I decided, since last year (see here), that I would take a self portrait of myself on my birthday (even though last year was technically not on my birthday but before). I still don't have a remote for this bad boy....which makes taking a self portrait of yourself in manuel mode kind of hard when you are trying to focus. I, again, took a ton of pictures and this is what I came up with. Technically I have been taking a picture of myself every week for my Baby B series. When I got all up in my own grill, the baggy tired eyes were pretty apparent. I am quite certain that is due to my lack of sleep lately with little buddy getting so big. Regardless I went with this beaut....kind of fun. Also sister Katie cut my bangs the day before and I was still trying to get used to them.

What does this self portrait have to do with my birthday? Well it made me think of those baggy eyes, and that growing patch of grey hairs (I love my dark hair, but sometimes I wish I was a natural blonde because it would be easier to hide things like that), and how Amy + one year is staring back at me in the mirror....and not Amy + one day, and not noticing that extra grey hair. I know I have a long way to go yet, but I am thinking that I can probably pull off that extra year and those extra grey hairs.....I have a feeling that 29 is going to be a great year for me.

If you don't already know your birthday is your own personal national holiday around here at the Beardshall house. One of the many things I LOVE about Steve is that he introduced me to the idea of your own national holiday.

I can honestly say that I have had the BEST birthday yet.....I can only imagine what next year and the big 3-0 will have in store for me.

Steve did it up big for me...my national holiday birthday week celebration started last Saturday on our special date. Steve asked me if I wanted to go out as a couple or a family. I told him that since I feel that we have been so fortunate to be able to go on so many dates lately that it would be fun to bring Katy along. He agreed and planned the whole thing. Katy kept calling it my special party day.

We started off going somewhere I have been craving for A WHILE now!!! Porcupine grill and the BEST chicken noodle soup you could ever imagine. Now I am a story exaggerator for sure but I really mean it when I say this is the best chicken noodle you will EVER eat, EVER!!!!

Pictures just don't do it justice....

Afterwards we went to color me mine. Steve said he tried to think of something that I would love and this is what he came up with...he was right. We had a blast. I painted some knobs for misters dresser and Katy painted a peace sign bowl with dad. Did I mention that she gave me a "blinged" out cell phone case for my birthday with peace signs all over it? Steve said it was all her own idea....I'm sensing a theme here!

I'll have to post pictures of the finished project.

Sunday mom and Katie came over for dinner and bought dirt cake...YUM. Katie cut my bangs, I needed a change.
Monday we went and saw all of Steve's family at Grandpa Beardshall's birthday bash.
Tuesday (my actual birthday) we met up with Steve for dinner.
Thursday Katy and I went to Disney on Ice...which she loved and clapped the whole time.
and Saturday I went with my mom up to Britney's where she treated Katy and I to tickets to the play Cinderella (this is my march 10th picture that won't load...it is so CUTE of Brynn and Katy dressed as Cinderella).
Yup all in all a fantastic birthday national holiday celebration week!

Thank you to Steve and all of my family for making it the best yet! Can't wait to see what this year has in store for me.

3 comments:

Tyanna said...

Happy Birthday!! I love that Steve makes it so special for you guys...what a GREAT hubby. You look gorgeous in your birthday shot and I love to see your pregnant belly weekly pics. Such a fantastic idea and if I didn't make such a hideous preggie I would have done it myself. I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing the adorable baby Will....cause lets face it, you and Steve made a really cute one the first time around!

Jena said...

So glad you had a great birthday! You have such an awesome hubby and the sweetest little girl! Love ya Amy!

Ken and Jos said...

Happy birthday! The "self portrait" is a really cool idea and the pic is gorgeous!