Sunday, November 23, 2014

happy camper

How cool are legos? Katy had some birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Beardshall she decided to spend on this beaut. How cute is that?

She made me laugh so hard when we went to the toys section and she informed me that she just wasn't really into all "this stuff" meaning pretty much everything on the girl isles. She decided that since she is so good at legos, they would be a good investment with her birthday money.

Like I mentioned before I am trying to take a more creative approach to gift giving this year. I feel like all too often I buy "fad toys" that end up breaking and my kids loosing interest in them. I want to try to invest in more classic toys that I know will stand (or at least I'm hoping) the test of time.

We have Katy a kids sewing machine, a sewing book (let's sew together), and a huge box of most everything she will need to get going on some projects. She, of course, opened the book up and declared she was going to make a robot doll fist thing....but I had to remind her that we need to learn how to use her sewing machine first! Let's start with the basics here. Her enthusiasm about the whole thing is adorable and I figure if worse comes to worse at least (hopefully) she will have a basic knowledge of sewing that will be somewhat useful for her in the future.

She also received (thank you to grandparents and loved ones) TONS of art supplies (which will always be a winning gift in Katy's book) and clothing. She is lucky she has so many people that love her so.

No comments: