Sunday, November 15, 2015

the bedtime bandit strikes again

I laugh when I see this because Will always seems to win in the end. Life for him seems like that. Make a big mess, clog the toilet, dump the lemon pepper Steve left out all over for the hundredth time, draw on the couch with pen (when does one grow out of that? shouldn't it be by now?), and say, "I sorry mom," with that cute face and all is well.

We have been having a blanket war since the temperatures have dropped. Mom gave me this blanket to take to the hospital when I had Charlie and it hasn't left my side. It is fabulous. The very best and softest in all the land. Will always reminds me of that when he is using it during the day, dragging it everywhere. He says it because it's soft he loves it so. No one else seems to be attached to this quite like Will and I.

You would think that any kind hearted mother would see the joy something like this brings to her kiddo and gladly hand it over to them with a big squeeze, but I just can't bring myself to! I've become quite accustomed to it accompanying me to bed, especially since I sleep alone more than half the night with Steve's schedule most nights. I have a feeling that Santa may need to be contacted and a request placed. Let's just hope Will is on the nice list this year.
Last week after I put him in bed I heard him walking around. I didn't give it a second thought as it ended as quick as it began. But when I went to bed I could not find my beloved blanket anywhere. And, as you would have guessed, I didn't sleep as dreamily as I usually do. When Will came in to wake me in the morning, with a huge grin on his face (clutching MY blanket), he said, "Mom, I stole your blanket." And he did it again....as I laughed out loud....he melted my heart and all was well in the world.

Tonight when I gave him a big huge squeeze and a kiss I kindly asked him if he would leave my beloved blanket on my bed tonight. And I left the light on in my room down the hall per his request. This is what I found when I finally went to check on him and he was not in his bed. This sneaky cute guy kept his promise and my blanket was, in fact, still on my bed.

No comments: