Thursday, September 27, 2007

.beardshall birthday breakfast bash.



So last year I decided to start a tradition. I love making breakfast in the canyon, and I love the fall season. So what better excuse to go the canyon in the fall to cook breakfast than to celebrate Steve’s Birthday? So exciting. Last year we went up the fam but decided it would be fun to do it with the friends since we had cake and ice cream with them the weekend before. Unfortunately it was a busy weekend for most but Jon, Michelle and Abbey Jane were able to come. Don’t worry I burnt the hash browns, but Jon saved us all and made us great eggs. We weren’t planning on going on a hike but Jon and Michelle asked us to go and of course I can’t pass up a good hike. Chuck sure liked it! The funniest thing is the fact that Abbey Jane went off road in her stroller, which had to be picked up and moved out the way for all the bikers every 5 minutes!!! We made it and the colors were starting to look amazing!



So I had a little bit of a cooking accident, and no I am not "flipping" off the camera. It all actually started on Steve's Birthday. Steve had a long day at work and only had about 20 minutes to come home and grab dinner. I asked him what he wanted that would be fast and he said that Ramen noodles sounded good. No problem, I can whip that up. So I did and thinking that I was saving time I decided to pour the soup (right off the burner, boiling hot!!!) right into the bowl which I was holding. Lets just say that it was all down hill from there. I proceded to drop the bowl and the Ramen all over the kitchen and started bawling!!!! As I looked at my finger it looked as though the skin was melting off my finger. Yea I know, gross! After going to the Doctor I found that I had received 1st and 3rd degree burns to my hand. They had to remove most of the skin from my birdie finger. I had to miss two days of work and was on Lorotab (spell check?) and was throwing up most of the time, especially when I had to change the dressing. Lets just say that I didn't have the right frame of mind to take a really great picture.....Sorry Brit! Any who, its been about 2 weeks and my skin is almost back to normal, not much of a scar either. Great for me. Just sorry it had to happen on Steve's Birthday, Sorry Luvie!

No comments: