Thursday, March 19, 2009

What's happen' hot stuff?

Oh it's been ages....sorry I am such a slacker!!!
What's happen'? Just a few things.....

It was my birthday on March 6th, or my national holiday as I like to call it. Steve went all out this year. He sent me to a photography work shop on the 7th all day with one of my most favorite photographers Nichole Van! See her stuff here. And got me my new 50mm lens!!!
I even got to spend the entire day with my big sis Brit! What more could a gal ask for?
It was a lot to take in, and my head even hurt when we were done, but OH the fun we had!
The manual I got there has been my new photography bible, and I think the class re-ignited my passion for taking pictures (I've been in a funk lately with it being winter and all). 

Brit, Nichole and Me!

Katy is cutter than ever! We are having an absolute ball with her. I thought having kids would be harder for us since we got so used to things with just the two of us. We were married 5 years before we got to enjoy the company of Katy, but she has made the transition much easier. Best kid ever!!! Oh and she continues to go bald despite my best efforts. We'll hold out until the last hair is standing!!!



Likes:
  • Making a fool of yourself. 
  • High pitched noises accomponed with funny faces. 
  • Chuck. Enough said. 
  • Grabbing my hair! (ouch)
  • Pooping her pants, which she does quite frequently!
  • Sitting or standing up, neither of which she can do on her own. 
  • She cant resist the mommy!
  • Making a fool of yourself. 
  • Being thrown up in the air. 
  • Spitting up in Steve's mouth when he throws her in the air!!!
  • Making a fool of yourself. 
Dislikes: 
  • Not a whole lot!
Other things happening with Team Beardshall.... still training for the half marathon. I do believe I was in a bit over my head when I signed up, but life is about being CRAZY sometimes. Hey the goal here is just to finish the thing, not my time!!! This is what I continue to tell my self every day! I guess you cant expect much when you try to train for a half marathon in 3 months!

Oh and Chuck still thinks he is the boss, still likes to chew all the eyes out of his toys, and likes to stare longingly out the windows (mostly looking for "that cat" that we think lives down street, that seems to get his kicks out of tormenting Chuck!!!)


12 comments:

Britney said...

Great post sis, LOVE what your doing with that new lens. Fun huh? That first picture of Katy is darling. I loved spending that whole day with you too! What an amazing experience! :)

Kerry said...

Oh my gosh! A new post, it's almost more than a mother can hope for. It's darling, thx.

melynda said...

i am so jealous i cant go running, good luck! all of linc hair fell out, that is too funny. i love all the pictures.

ps. i would love some formula, you are the best!!

Rob Dog said...

Such fun pictures!! I am pretty fond of bald headed babies!! I hear that means they have a lot of brains!! :) No, I have not gotten a straightener yet!!! If Brit really does not want your old one, I would totally use it!

The Duncans said...

You take the best pictures! Great one of of Katy smiling.

Anonymous said...

great pics Amy and super cute likes and dislikes...I held on to Whitley's hair too, but the other 2 got their head shaved...I know it sounds mean, but it made a huge differece in the way their hair grew in. Look at me again...giving my mostly unwanted advice!!! Ha!

Denice said...

Such cute pictures Amy! Katy is getting so big..I LOVE her hair..don't lose hope. ;) Great picture of you, Brit, and Nic..Nic never posts pictures of herself so it's good to see my sweet cousin smiling! :)

Nicole and Kevin said...

It was so fun to see you and Katy today. She is so cute, and so well behaved! Good for you for running the Salt Lake half, I think that is a great goal!

T.Irwin said...

Oh Amy - I love this entry....yeah!

I'm so glad to know all is well for you and your adorable family. Katy is as cute as ever!!!

I love your pictures.

And on a selfish note: I miss you at work, but would do the same thing in your shoes.

Shannon said...

Amy your pictures are wonderful. You do a beautiful job. Keep up the good work also I think your baby is a doll. Fun to see and hear about ya

Jennie and Spencer said...

Amy, we miss you guys. we feel so bad for not hanging out in forever. The semester ends this week, we moved last week into spencer's grandparent's basement in SJordan and I think we can take a breath and relax. We love that the weather is changing and would love to go on tons of hikes and stuff if you guys ever would like to go with us. We'll give you a call. Miss you. oh yeah. and Katy is stinkin cute.

The Larsens said...

Hey Amy,
I was so happy to find your blog! Your daughter is adorable! I can't believe how much hair she has. My little girl is 8 months and is more bald than she was when she was born! Poor thing. Your family is so cute Amy, congrats! We have a blog as well, it's private but if you want to check it out send me an email at hillaryrock@hotmail.com