Saturday, February 21, 2009

Confessions of an over reacting mother....

Let's be honest, I have no idea what I am doing... but I must say I am 
lovin' figuring this whole thing out! 

The title of this post pretty much sums it all up, because I spent the night last week in the Emergency Room. Yup, I am officially an over reacting mother. It all started when Katy was gasping for air. Not too big of a deal except it was really upsetting her and it kept getting worse. Steve told me to take her to the ER if I was really that scared about it. So that is exactly what I did. Of course when we got there she was fine. The prognosis.....gas! At this point it was officially pointed out to me that, yes, Katy is in fact Steve's daughter! Ha, we were worried there for a while! So I guess I am now a proud member of the over reacting mothers club. 

Other than that things are pretty great. We did bless Katy the other week, had the family all over, the works! I started with the traditional long white dress and when I got it home I hated it. You know when something is just not you, well this dress was NOT me. I don't do "boofy" sleeves, and neither does Katy! I ended up going with the non traditional short dress, very fitting because Katy looked Beautiful!!! Steve did such a great job blessing her. That's my man!




On a lighter note...I got 40$ worth of free stuff today when I went on a tour of Harmons. Yes a tour of Harmons. Steve thought I was crazy, but who's laughing now!!! Mom and I heard about tours they do at the new Bangerter crossing store. The tour was about 2 hours if you can believe that, but we actually had a pretty great time. Plus you get this bag full of free things!!!

We got a reusable bag, bread, a wedge of cheese, cheese ball, macaroni salad, ground beef, sausage, fresh made salsa, fruit cup, pastry and candy!!! 40$. They only do it about twice a month, but it was fun. The store is fun because you can actually make your own fresh ground peanut butter, and they have gelato!!! Yum Yum. If you are interested call Harmons at 617-0111. Good times!!!

15 comments:

holly said...

ah you are a over reactor! Not really, better safe then sorry! Katy looks lovely in her none fu fu dress. As long as you don't start putting her in dinosaur shirts she'll be just fine! Harmons huh? ... looks like good times... anything for free stuff!

Kerry said...

I loved Katy's dress and sweater ensemble. Too funny Holly about the dinosaur shirts. I remember those days when that is ALL Amy ever wore. Dinosaur shirts, wolf shirts with paw prints...I think we got all those shirts at the 'Natural Wonder' store in Fashion Place which I might add is out of business, hmm... BTW the Harmon's tour was fun and well worth the time and of course we had to have a gelato before we letf!

Alesha said...

Amy you look great. Not lying your baby is top 5 cutest babies ever. I am cracking up about harmons! Ya for free stuff!

Ashley said...

ok, her dress is beautiful!! I love it, it's not like all the crazy fluffy blessing dresses out there--those ones drown the poor babies. She is so cute, I can't even stand it.

Britney said...

Yeah, we all been their before...the over reacting stuff. But, if it makes you feel better and the peace you get from knowing everything is alright is what's important.

Loved Katy's dress and the pictures are adorable. Especially that first one!!!

And I'm jealous of the Harmon's tour and free stuff. I feel sad living so far away when I hear all about the fun things you and Mom do together on Saturdays. But it was so good to see you Friday, thanks for coming out.

Anonymous said...

What a cute post Amy!!! Katy is adorable. I actually did really simple dresses for all of my girls too. Libs was a short almost cream dress...and yes I felt great about that. Who is to say what is the standard...you make your own "blessing dress" standard for your own family...Ha! Any way I am glad the blessing went good and that the emergency was just gas...what a relief...I think we have all had one of those moments...where you almost feel like they should find something wrong so you don't look or feel so stupid...no really though, now worries...you are so funny! Harmons sounds like a blast. I miss living in SLC for the fact that I LOVE Harmons...isn't that funny?

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am glad that the emergency room visit was for precautionary reasons only and that everything was ok.

Katy looks beautiful in her dress, and what a cute little family! I am glad that Katy's big day went well

Luke and Marin said...

Katy looks beautiful in her dress! I'm glad things are going well for you guys, we miss you terribly!!!

Denice said...

First things first...GELATO!!! I am SO going there when we visit. mmm.....

Secondly - Katy looks SO gorgeous and I love the dress.. perfect choice. :)

McKell Callister said...

I love Katy's dress! It is adorable. I think I agree with you on the not too fancy stuff... Owen was blessed in a white Polo shirt and khaki shorts...kinda casual, but oh well!

Amy said...

I like to live by better safe than sorry so I may have done the same thing. I love Katy's dress- she looks so adorable. I'm sure it was a perfect day for you guys.

Kara said...

For sure better safe than sorry! You wouldn't ever NOT want to go in because you were too prideful right?! :) K, I LOVE the blessing dress!!! Katy is adorabe :)

Rob Dog said...

such cute pictures!! Love it!! Don't feel bad about the ER! It's good preperation, I swear no matter what you go in for they look at you like "oh your a first time mom!" So the more comfortable you are with it the better!! :) he he he!! YES, I do want to have Katie help me out with my straightener! I will talk to you about it on thursday!! (hopefully i see you at grandpa's!)

Marilee said...

Amy,
Katy is so beautiful! I love her dress! Over reacting is part of motherhood sometimes-but glad it was just gas!

Jami Weight said...

I am not a foo-foo type of girl either, I am pretty sure that is why I live in a house full of boys! No daughters here. Your little girl is darling and I love he dress.