Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 11th

did something fun to celebrate 9-11 this year. I helped protect and serve our country with WVC's finest...STEVE!I think the last and only time I went on a ride along with Steve, I was about 3 months pregnant. So it was a different experience for me this time!

Remembering September 11th really makes me cry. I cannot believe that someone could do such a thing. It's still hard to go back and picture seeing it all unfold. I just wanted to say that I am so blessed and proud to live in this country where we enjoy the FREEDOMS and RIGHTS that we do. I am so grateful for the men and women who serve every day and who have also given their lives to keep it that way.

I guess to Steve it was a normal night for the most part. But we were there when they found the 4 year old girl who they think was sexually assaulted. All I can say is love and protect your kids. I hope I am not sounding too judgmental, but it's hard not to when you have a kid of your own...but take the time to know where they are and who they are with. Unfortunately we live in a pretty horrible world, as was illustrated by this incident and also 9-11. That's all I can say though is to love and protect your kids. It's the most important job you will ever have!!!

4 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

Swiss Days was crazy, and a blast!!! I am all for doing it again next year! Running was also a blast - thanks for being such a good running buddy. Lets do it again sometime :)

God Bless America!!!

Britney said...

So I totally think I saw Steve on the news showing clips from that news story. I couldn't be for certain, but it breaks my heart as well.
Love ya.

Kerry said...

Well put Amy. You are absolutely right, love and protect your kids it is the most important job you will ever have!

holly said...

Looks like good times. Seeing picts of the half marathon makes me think that might be be enjoyable... just thinking though... That is sweet of Steve husbands are great huh! I need some family pics taken and happen to know a great photographer...you! Fun to see ya yesterday! Later-