Friday, February 19, 2010

WINTER SERIES 30K

You know that you are thinking it......just say it! I am flipping off the camera! I was going for the heal the world, humanitarian double peace signs. I guess I was not aware that although this is what I was going for, it's hard to do when you are holding your I-Pod!!!

What is the Winter Series 30K? Its a series of races put on by the Salt Lake Track Club that take place at Saltair. 5K, 10K and 15K. I am lucky that I have a lot of running buddies in the neighborhood and I am glad that Jena told me about this race. Her, Nickie, and I decided to give it a go. I am having a great time.

On the other hand I HATE this course! Why? Well close your eyes and lets imagine....running one straight line one way, turning around and coming back, having it be windy always on the way back, barren and desolate scenery, having to turn around and see the Saltair the whole time and not have it get any bigger -it's just there and if feels like you are running into oblivion forever!!! Ha, can you see the smile on my face thinking of next saturday when I have to run over 9 miles on the same course???!? Ahhhh! Okay I take it back... maybe, although by accident, I am unconsciously giving the course the bird in the above picture!

At least I have two awesome running buddies to laugh with!!! And I really will be glad when I can look back and say that I did this. It just wont be a race that I will be doing again! Ha!

We decided that the best part about running is the face that you can share it with so many different people. It's a sport that you can have so much support from complete straingers because you are all working towards the same thing, to improve your own time. Although it's very much so an individual sport, it's a sport that you can share with everyone.

WE MADE IT!!!! FINALLY!!!! The 5K....sorry I forgot to resize these!

The 10K. We did it again!!!

6 comments:

Alesha said...

Do we live close enough together to run? I need a running buddy!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Well...from your description I am officially glad I did not know about this race :) However, congrats on finishing - it takes a lot more effort to finish a long boring race in cold weather than it otherwise would have!!!

Kerry said...

Wow, what a trooper! Good job Amy!

Britney said...

yeah, you my hero. fabulous work...it looks fun.

Love the flippin' the bird picture! :)

Denice said...

You AMAZE me! Way to go!! I couldn't stand the funky smell being that close to the lake...ew...

Anonymous said...

Anyone who runs long distances is my hero, I can run about 2 mins on the treadmill and I am dying!!! Ha! Way to go girl!