Thursday, June 7, 2012

month one



Month one: Here you are. I can't believe it sometimes because it seemed like we had to wait a lifetime some days, 9 short months were well worth it though. You are all sorts of awesome!

Will -

This month we've been trying to squeeze every second out of every minute trying to snuggle with you or stare at you. Katy is totally smitten, as are the rest of us.

The first night we brought you home, I felt good about what I was doing. Dad, of course, wanted to help as much as possible...but with me nursing there wasn't much he could do. I told him to take it easy and try to sleep. That was hard to do though because Q (who was sleeping in a kennel in the closet) would freak out and whine every time you would make a peep. I joked with him the next day and said that if you had to be out of our bedroom in one month (Dad's deadline for getting kidos in their own room), then Q would have to go sleep in the garage or basement in one month too!!!! It was interesting sleeping arraignments for a bit there but you are now in your room and Q is in the basement.

I've just been trying to get into a routine with two kids....which I am still working on. Since you are not sleeping through the night quite yet I am usually pretty tired during the day and my ambitions to get "projects" done are filled with us trying to take a rest or feeling exhausted. You do have great nights where you only get up once, you even had one night where you slept from 9:15 pm - 6:00 am!!!

Generally you are a great baby. The first month you have proven to be very mellow; eat, poop, sleep. You like to be where the action is, and you are a morning person. Even if you are not hungry you cry in the morning until we bring you down the stairs with us, just to hang out! I'm also amazed at your strength. It seems like you were lifting your head up from day one. And last but not least....your hair line is ever shrinking. You are rocking a killer mullet right now!

We love you so much XOXO








1 comment:

Alesha said...

He sure is a handsome one. :)