Saturday, February 23, 2013

4 X 12 January


January 2013

We're going to give this thing a go again. Yes, it's that wonderful time of year (actually about two months ago) where we resolve to do better and make commitments  to make the world awesome. So I guess we'll just start this year off (two months late) with a bang and say that we are going to try this 4 people 12 times thing again (4X12). To try to take a picture of the 4 of us together once a month. And yes this is actually a picture of us on Christmas Eve for January (ahhh man, you can see how this is going to go then if we are going to be cheating already...don't judge!!!). There we are in all of our Christmas Eve jammy wearing glory. Take it all in. Will is still not sure what to think of the camera, and Katy and Steve? Well they love getting there picture taken. NOT REALLY! This is what I have to deal with, "Mom are you done yet?" This is what she tells me when I am sneaking around the corner trying to get a candid shot. It's candid, it shouldn't interfere with what you are doing, but it sure puts her out. So you can imagine how much fun it will be trying to get a shot of us every month. Alas, here we are in January *wink*

So what did we do this January? Well, aside from shovel snow and deal with sub zero temperatures, we had some pretty good times around these parts. As much fun as staying inside will allow of course. Will got his first teeth. Two. On the bottom. He has found many ways to use them, but mostly he just likes to chew on just about anything he can get his sticky little hands on. He is constantly on the go, but is also one of the happiest little guys around (as long as you are not telling him what to do!). Katy has been keeping entertained by sneaking rides on Q when I am not looking (something we don't allow, although secretly I think he loves it), and giving each other makeovers. I need to just go buy like 5 bucks worth of super cheap makeup at Walmart or something and then do those again because I am thinking that I could pull off the blue eyeshadow. Thoughts? We've also done science projects, played house, built a fort, and watched some movies. I took Katy on a mommy daughter date to the dollar movies and we saw Hotel Transylvania. I'm no movie critic but let me tell you...worst movie ever. Katy liked it. Its cute for kids if you want to rent it, push play and leave to the other room. You can thank me later. We also rented Frankenweenie which was a favorite of both Katy and me. Very very cute show. Actually I don't think Katy has liked a move that much in a long time. She even used her chore chart points to buy a Sparky stuffed animal (something she had been working on a long long time).

We tried to entertain ourselves by getting outside of the house as well. One place we frequented in January was Aunt Katie's salon to get our hair did. It's always great to see Katie. Katy always wants to sweep up all the hair in the salon and help her to "style" our hair as she says.

January has also not disappointed in the getting sick department. Towards the end of January Will was getting a low grade fever and a runny nose. I assumed he was teething but a few days later it turned into a hacking cough and by the time we went to his 9 month check up the following week he was diagnosed with RSV. Bummer. Luckily he is older and it wasn't so much scary as it just made for some bad nights trying to sleep. He got suctioned out at that appointment and then twice more at the RSV clinic at Riverton Hospital.

And on a resolutions note. I am trying to be more consistent with my daily scripture study, get good at shooting film and I'd love to learn more about hand lettering. So we will see where those adventures take us this year. See ya next month!








2 comments:

Lacey said...

A monthly family pic is such a great idea! I really need to try that one too. You have adorable kiddos and I don't blame you for saying how busy you are with two ... I'm still wondering how people do it! But I'm sure it only makes life more fun, right? I hope Will is feeling better! Also, not sure if I told you or not, but my mom still wants to do family pictures some time this year, so I'll be calling you. :)

The Judsons said...

Hi Amy, I think you're right, we have only met a couple of times! But I feel like I know you since I grew up with the Beardshalls :), weird? Maybe but you guys are awesome. I love your pictures, especially those of your gorgeous kids and the fun adventures you go on! We'll be in Utah in July for Lana's baptism so maybe we'll see you there!