Saturday, May 11, 2013

4 x 12 March




March 2013.

March is one of my favorite months, but that may be because I celebrate my national holiday. This year was kind of a big deal, seeing that it was the BIG 30. Katy and I decided to celebrate by performing random acts of kindness. We drew Katy's dance teacher Miss Crystal a picture to tell her how much we love her. After dance we picked up cookies and took them to Aunt Katie's work. We left random post-it notes with uplifting messages around town. There was so much that I wanted to do, but it was harder than I thought to complete everything I wanted in a day. It did make me more aware of how going out of your way a little, can make a huge difference in someones day.

For my birthday Katy wanted to take me back to Color Me Mine (we went there last year) and I requested (again) the Porcupine Grill for dinner. That chicken noodle soup was SO calling my name. We found out that night that Will thinks its hilarious to scream at the top of his lungs in the restaurant. I can assure you it was not that funny to the people sitting next to us.

In celebration style my sister Britney came up that week as well, with a gift and a fun day of hanging out and going to lunch. I also got to go out to dinner with all of Steve's sisters, aunt and cousin...while my brother in law watched Katy and Will. When we got back, Will was sleeping on Chris. I am starting to think that Will is a mans man, unless I just have awesome brother in laws because I tell you they have the touch with that boy.

Other things we did this month? We got to visit Great Grandma Ida with my mom. We made it to the park a few times this month, once with my mom for a picnic. Will discovered how much he enjoys climbing onto everything, including the couch and the chairs at the kiddy table we have. We had dinner with Steve's cousin Spencer and Jenni. While there Katy was shown Jenni's studio (she is an AMAZING artist). Katy wanted her own studio after that for all of her "projects." We made silly faces. We played in the snow (YES the snow, what in the world!?!?). We celebrated cousin Hayden's birthday. Chief got the ol' snip snip. We celebrated the resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ with Easter. And we had some easter egg hunts.

In March Steve went on a guys weekend to Vegas with his work buddies. He said, before he left, that he was worried to leave me with 3 dogs and 2 kids. I am pretty laid back by nature (most of the time *wink*), so I figured we'd be fine. Little did I know that by Thursday morning, when Q peed on the corner of my bed, I would be crying. This dog is the most well behaved of all 3 dogs and has never had one accident in our house EVER. Nice time to start! We survived and were overjoyed to see Steve come home! I will say this, Steve is a champ when it comes to those police dogs. I think I had such a hard time when he was gone because he never asks me to help with them. He said when he was told he would be getting another dog (something I was so worried about making work), that I would not be affected. He has been true to that statement. But mostly I just missed his cute, adorable face!

A whirlwind of a month, but that is how we do it around here.

No comments: