Saturday, August 3, 2013

a little mothers day adventure


Being a mother is something that I always imagined I'd get the chance to do. It was something that I wanted, but I never realized it would be something that I needed so much. I don't particularly need Will pulling my hair with his sticky hands, or Katy crying in my ear that she needs a band-aid (for something that isn't even bleeding). What I need, though, is to be needed. It's amazing how independent your children are, and yet how much they really count on you.

I am no mother of the year over here, I have many shortcomings that I am reminded of every day. Mostly I need to work on my patience. But when Katy tells me she loves me and that I am the best mom in the whole world, and that she wouldn't even trade me for an ice cream sunday that is as huge as a giant...or Will comes up from behind me and gives me the biggest hug and slobbery kiss...well that is what being a mom is all about.

Let's not forget that this would not have been possible without Mr. Steve who is the most amazing person I know, and who I could not imagine living this adventure without. He tells me every day that he is looking forward to when the kids get a bit older, but we are trying to savor these moments with our little kids as much as we can. After all, we have a pretty great team.

I decided it would be fun to go on a nice sunday drive. Something, Steve reminded me, would be much better with the top off the Jeep. We ended up at Alta. I was surprised that there was so much snow. Katy and Will sure thought it was fun. It was a great, relaxing way to spend the day.

No comments: