Saturday, July 13, 2013

tiny dancer


Katy was able to take dance the first go around from my cute friend Susie. She was so sweet and taught dance to a bunch of girls for free. How nice is that?!? Katy seemed to have a really good time. 

I told Katy that in our house you have to be involved in something that you use your body to do, and you get to choose. I asked her if she wanted to do dance again. She thought about this for a split second and informed me that she wanted to take karate. This surprised me a bit although she is a huge fan of Kung Fu Panda. As I looked into it, I realized that a lot of places wont let you start taking karate until you are 4 or 5. Because of this I informed her that it may be a good option to take dance again. 

Because Susie had moved, it just so happened to work out that we signed her up at a dance studio near our home. It's been fun watching her grow and improve. I always joke that if I could choose my talents one would be to have rhythm. No really! Have you seen me dance? It is not a pretty sight. I can tell that Katy has much more rhythm than I do and she did a stellar job!

And so it was, she danced.

Getting ready for the performance was another story. Katy has curly hair, but for some reason (probably because I washed it) her hair would not hold a curl. I got a curling iron and everything. I should have used sponge curlers. Also...make-up. How do you handle that? I'm not opposed to putting make-up on this girl, we have plenty of times with our makeovers. I just have a hard time when it begins to look a bit too much like toddlers and tiaras. Am I right? So we did a little mascara and a bit of lipgloss. She looked beautiful to me!


I was proud of her.

I asked her if she wanted to take dance again. She has informed me that although dance is pretty fun she will probably do karate this fall, or maybe even tumbling. She said she is good at both so will have to decide when it gets closer!