Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome to Camp William


And so it was your birthday and we partied, of course! This year I went with a camping themed party for Will.....Welcome to Camp William!!! I am so laughing at myself now because the only picture I got of the ceiling was on my dang phone. I spent like 2 hours (how lame am I?) cutting out stars and hanging them from strings on our ceiling!

My sister was in town on Friday for one of my nephews doctor appointments so we had them over that night for dinner with my mom and other sister Katie. We got to hang out and have presents. Then on Saturday we threw a party and Steve's family came over. Not that we planned on having separate "parties" but it worked out because we don't have a ton of extra space in our house to gather.


Will just had the biggest smile on his face while we were singing to him. He even got a little shy, a rarity for this kid. 





I also made my famous dirt cake for party favors in mason jars for everyone to take home with them. Nice work on the pictures of the details right?

As a one year old there isn't much you need or even know you want so we went over to the store on his birthday and let him pick out his own present. We were thinking a big dump truck would be a big hit, but when we got there he promptly made Steve get the Sully stuffed animal from Monsters Inc. and give it to him. It's BIGGER than him. He was sold and so we bought it for him. He has slept with it every night since and insists on bringing it down the stairs every morning! All in all I would say this birthday was a success.

No comments: