Wednesday, September 25, 2013

4 x 12 May


Seeing that I am totally lame and am catching up on blogging from May...I will do my best to remember everything that happened.

Trying to remember things that my kids say something that I am trying hard to do lately. Since Will isn't interested in having deep conversations yet I'll tell you something sweet that happened with Katy. Steve works nights. Most of the time we are totally fine, but every once in a while she gets sad when we go to bed because she misses him. I decided I would fix this by spraying some of his cologne on her pillow. That seemed to make things better especially when she started talking about cinderella. She said a dream is a wish your heart makes and she was going to dream of dad because she could smell him on her pillow. She melts my heart!

Will got really sick on his birthday and we spent pretty much every week after that for a month. He had all sorts of things going on, but ended up having asthma type symptoms which resulted in getting a chest X-ray and getting sent home with a nebulizer.

That was not the last we saw of the doctors office. Poor Katy ended up there with what we thought was a broken wrist. Lucky for us it was just sprained. And can I just add my two cents that having sick and hurt kids is pretty much the worst thing ever. I hate feeling so helpless.

We were able to celebrate mothers day, which was fantastic. I was reminded how lucky I am that I am a mom. I am reminded by that fact every day...and am grateful that Steve helped me realize that dream of mine.

I was also able to run my first marathon. I have a long way to go in that department, but my goal was to finish...which I did. One day I will be able to smash my time and that will be a story for then. For now I am proud I can say that I ran a marathon.

1 comment:

Luke and Marin said...

BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! We love and miss you guys so much!