Thursday, September 26, 2013

Moving on up

This is our little house in Riverton. It was the first home we owned. It had 3 bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms. We had an unfinished basement and a fenced back yard. We lived in an HOA comunity and so the lawn was mowed every week for us. We lived on 0.11 acres (I think, it was small). We were so excited when we moved in, and had anticipated we would be here a few years as it was a starter home. Little did we know that the economy would essentially crash leaving us "stuck" here longer than expected. We tossed the idea of selling around a few times. We actually tried once with no luck. 
It was roughly a little over 1800 square feet. It was the perfect place to start our family. 
I tried to keep the decorating on the simple side as I knew we would be selling eventually. 
We had a walk in closet and a bathroom in our room. 
The front room and main living space "flowed" together but was not totally an open concept. It was perfect for our family but it was a bit squished when it came to getting together. 
The kitchen got the job done but didn't have a ton of counter space. We were able to keep our refrigerator. When we sold the house they didn't say they wanted it so we, of course, kept it. 
Here is our dining room
And down stairs bathroom
Here is the upstairs bathroom. Before we moved in the counters were upgraded to granite in the bathrooms and kitchen. 
We had an upstairs laundry room, which was totally awesome. At the end of the hall it opened up to Katy and Will's rooms, and also had a linen closet. 
Will's room was fun. No rhyme or reason in a way. I knew I really really wanted a chalkboard wall and I thought this would be the perfect place. We had SO much fun with that thing. Katy especially enjoyed creating masterpieces there. Then again, I think I enjoyed it just as much. 
Katy's room was a different story. I really wanted to do green. It seems intense but for some reason I don't think that it was quite as bright as these pictures are coming across. I made her quilt when she was little. I had so much fun doing that.  
I love this house because it is the house I started my family in. I remember nursing Katy in that chair every few hours when we got home from the hospital. I did the same in Wills room. I will remember all the dance parties and hurt boo boo's. I will remember all the friends and wonderful neighbors we had here. We put our home up for sale on June 5th.

2 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house. Congrats on moving on up :-)

Unknown said...

awsum picture!! hope u feel better in your new house.. hope u visit back :)
jual madu hutan asli
citra indah