Sunday, August 30, 2009

Conference Runner

***Note, I was trying to be a good blogger and be on top of things so I wrote the blog on my laptop and just now added the pictures, so it was a few weeks ago!*** 
This week was a blast...

I guess we'll start our week off with Saturday. I had the pleasure of going to Wheeler Farm and celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa Beardshall. What was the ocasion? Their 60th wedding anniversary of course! As most of you know they like to do it up big at the Beardshalls, but we played it low key this year...pot luck style. Good times too. I think Grandma and Grandpa B are great examples of a truly loving relationship.
I am ashamed to say this, because I have taken pictures there before, but Wheeler Farm has some great shots. It was fun to walk around and see the animals with Katy and the kidos.


Every Sunday we go to dinner at Roger and Joanne's. It all started when we moved to Holladay. I think we moved in on a Saturday. And with all the craziness of the day, we forgot one key ingredient in our new home...FOOD! So we took the liberty of inviting ourselves over to dinner. Well it became some-what of a tradition. And even though it was closer when we were in Holladay, we have made the treck every week since we moved out to Riverton. Steve has been working Sundays for a while now. It's the only schedule that will work with our schedules...he can go to church and serve in his Young Mens calling.
Anywho it was our treat to have Steve join us last week. He went to critical incident training all last week and had extra time, so he opted to have Sunday off. I LOVE spending time with Steve it's a blast, so that was a great way to start the week off

Monday we did something that we have been talking about for years...we went on a tour of the conference center with Grandma and Grandpa B. They have been serving down there for 7 years. We finally made it on a tour and it was a blast!!! It was nice going on a tour with experts. We had a private tour too, we met them at the end of their shift.



Not the best time of day to take pictures, but you get the idea

I asked Steve to take Friday night off so he would get enough sleep to come up and see me run my second half marathon in Logan. We made the most of the night and had the Davis's over for Pizza on the BBQ. I don't know if there was much of a difference in the taste but it got the heat out of the kitchen and it seemed crispier. Good times!

I guess if you want to end your week with a bang you can run a half marathon. To be honest I think I was more prepared to run the Salt Lake Marathon although I only had 3 months total to train. Since Katy is getting mobile she is not so content sitting around looking cute while I run on the treadmill, and let me tell you that running with a jogging stroller is no picnic!!!
The Top of Utah Half was beautiful and I had the pleasure of running with my good friend Nicole. We had a blast and it was a BEAUTIFUL course.
Now I am going to take a minute to brag about my Love...Steve. Since he is the best!!! I had to wake up at the unseemly hour  of 3:45, if you can imagine. I woke up to a washed car, a charged iPod with a playlist (something I have been meaning to do for quite some time), bananas (we were totally out and I had mentioned that I was bummed since I like to eat one before I run), Steve had also hooked his police GPS up in my car and put our address in there for me. Lastly he had placed flowers in my car. There was also a note from Steve that said how proud of me he was and that he couldn't wait to see me at the finish line, and that I get my flowers now just in case he gets lost...since I had the GPS!
I can hear it now...the oooos and ahhhhs. I don't blame you either because this is not out of the ordinary for him. Yup...I am a lucky gal!!!

My family!!!
I think I told Nicole to look really tired here, because we were...that is why I look so cute!

We did it Nicole!!! It was a blast to run with you!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That picture of Katie is so cute! Wow, you had a busy week and I loved all the pictures. Proud of you for running the 1/2 marathon again. Steve is a sweetie!