Saturday, November 21, 2009

MOAB

Moab is my little piece of heaven on earth. If any of you know us, you know that if you can't find us in Salt Lake you can find us in Moab. And much to Steve's dismay this was only our second time there this year.

It made sense to me in my mind to stop here on the way back from Vegas, until the GPS registered a 9 hour drive there (further than it would be to come home), but it was worth it because like Steve always says Katy is going to love this place too!

We had such a blast, some of our highlights included:

Piggy back rides, no pun intended Steve! Katy's favorite!
That's where you can find Katy lately, on dads shoulders...

Hiking to Delicate Arch. Yup, I took the reigns this time and opted to go to my
favorite part of Moab and do some hiking.

So sad but so cute. I had just taken the water bottle away from her
and she was not happy. This is what I get I guess.

After she had calmed down a bit we had the chance to change her diaper...Poopy! Let's just say that we are lucky that Steve did not get it down his back while hiking! I do believe we left a bit of Katy on the rocks, by accident of-course!

Lovin the view!

Steve finally found his four wheeling trail out of Arches. They say if you come in on it you can get out of paying, although looking back at the sign it does say you are entering a paid area. Don't worry we had already paid, we were on our way out. And if you want to bring it back way old school we even saw some dinosaur tracks...as you can probably imagine I thought that was pretty cool!

Like I said Katy is lovin' the piggy back rides lately. I can't imagine why?

Katy and I were listening to the "sound of the plains" selection (or something like that) while Steve was deciding what trail we should take our lunch on. He had forgotten his trail book so we had to check them out at the visitors center.

This was one of my favorite pics, I feel like I can see the clouds moving.
But this is a prefect example of why I love Moab.

Oh Steve is not going to be pleased that I forgot the trail we went on for lunch.
I am thinking that we did chicken corners? Is that right Steve?

Lunch Break!

And the Three Gossips in Arches at dusk. Didn't quite make it in time for the
spectacular sunset! Can anyone name the movie?? Anyone, anyone...Indiana Jones!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please just follow me around and take pictures of our everyday life...you pics are always so crisp and clear and beautiful...love them!

Allen Family said...

Your pics are awesome!!!!

Kerry said...

Sweet pictures of Moab! Such a pretty place, you can't beat the red rocks and blue sky! Your pictures are amazing. Katy and Steve are adorable!