Sunday, November 22, 2009

Flying Monkeys?

Something about Halloween makes my heart sing, which is not how you would expect someone to explain their feelings about this holiday...but it's true. Plus deep down I LOVE to dress up. Never too cool for that in my book. I guess I have more of an excuse for that now that Katy is around. "It's for the kids!"

Funny thing about dressing up is the fact that I like to go spooky style. You know, scary killers or dead people. It just seems more in the Halloween spirit. This year would have been no exception, except for the fact that Katy probably would have not been diggin it too much! I opted for a much more kid friendly costume this year!

The famous flying monkey Katy, sock monkey that is. The classic Katy/Steve shot...flying through the air!!!

Chuck decided that he was too cool for pics, because he did accompany us there. Actually I think he was too distracted by the chicken roaming the property.

Katy didn't seem to mind the hood of her costume much.
Look, she even picked out the perfect pumpkin!

Team Beardshall. Steve is lame and didn't dress up!!! I don't think much explanation is needed for Katy and I's costume selection.

Lance, Emilee, Daxton and Talmage. Can you guess what they are? Jim and Pam...LOVE it and pirates, the cute variety.

Jon, Michelle, Abbey and Anna. You guessed it...Umpa Lumpas and ladybugs!

Bryson, Angela and Kyson. We have operation, an angel and a bat. Talia was not in my picture but she was the cutest giraffe ever!

And the lovely Davis's Rachel and Andrew. I do believe they both came from work so I will let them off the hook this time!

Heidi and Kyle had us all over for a great Halloween, complete with old school games. Anyone remember this one. I do believe I was in 2nd grade when I last competed! Chris did a great job!!!

We were even brave enough to make the trek to Gardner Village
with the rest of the crazies!
Britney came down with her kids, and Sheena and Nicole met us there.
I love the look on Katy's face here...doesn't she look like she is humoring me?

Katy and Oakley loved the witches...after Katy warmed up to the idea!

Some of the warming up I was talking about!

We even got to visit the petting zoo. What a hoot! This guy was my favorite!

7 comments:

Alesha said...

That sock monkey costume is to die for~ Plus she is so so cute!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Love the sock monkey, and your costume was hilarious!!! Where did you find a giant banana costume? Thanks for doing Oakley's pictures today, I really appreciate it. Even though she was a little stinker I still had a great time :)

Kerry said...

Oh Amy, love this post! Love all your pictures and Steve got a cute one of you and Katy. She looks so cute in her costume!

Ken and Jos said...

Katy's costume is too cute!! I love the pictures of her with all the pumpkins!

Tyanna said...

What an adorable little monkey! She is just growing right up--she is such a cutie, love those little tiny bottom teeth. You guys are so much fun!

Rob Dog said...

I loved her monkey costume!! It was so cute!! And those are such cute pictures at the pumpkin patch!! That is a great picture of you and katy!! Jon and michelle's costumes may be my favorite!! TOO funny!!

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes and so love that you love to dress up...you are a girl after my own bleeding heart!!! So fun!