Thursday, December 3, 2009

Katy Remix


I remember growing up it always seemed that time just dragged! You would be counting the seconds until your next birthday, and all the "old"people would love to tell you how time just FLEW by! Well folks, welcome me "old" folks town because I have arrived! This last year, dare I say, flew by! Yup, I am the proud owner of a one year old. My squeaky clean, shiny new baby is now a one year old. We have traded new baby smell for rotten diapers! Real human diapers as I like to call them. Steve did have to remind me that Katy is in fact a human, but I ventured to say that she didn't really have real human poo until just a month or so ago!

In my first year of being a mom I have learned a few things:
1) I have learned that even though I was scared out of my mind to physically give birth to a baby (lets break it down for you folks I don't even have my ears pierced because I AM that big of a wuss), the epidural kicked in and I got my "old lady strength" as Steve describes it.
2) I can change a dirty diaper like nobody's business! Those so called poop emergencies are handled, usually in two wipes!
3) That whether by my own doing or by divine design I have the greatest, mellowest, most wonderful kid ever!!! She makes my heart both melt and sing at the same time. I couldn't love her any more!
4) That Katy is the best thing that Steve and I have done together! And although we were both totally ready to have Katy when we did, we were sure missing out the 5 years before she came!

Here's to you Katy!



one month

two months

three months

four months

five months

six months

seven months

eight months

nine months

ten months

eleven months

one year!!!

3 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

I love her smile in the swimsuit - it's precious!! They are all cute though....

Tyanna said...

She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute post...loved it!!! Okay so could she have any cuter pictures than that...I think not...what a doll...and how fun to have your mom be such a fabulous photographer.