Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Running Buddy

I am really lucky to have a SIL that also doubles as my running buddy! Because we had a great time running the Draper Turkey Trot. I almost packed Katy up in the jogging stroller, but I opted not to. Am I glad I did because it was pretty much below freezing, or at least it felt like that. There was one guy who thought it would be funny to run in nothing but a loin cloth and an indian head dress! Can't imagine he could feel much of anything, even after the run! Let's do it again next year Wendy!

I also had the chance at the end of Oct to run in the Nike 10K human race. A bunch of people in my ward were running. Any excuse I thought and tagged along! What a great run!


I have had a great time getting back into running this year. It's one of my favorite things to do. It gives me a chance to clear my head. I do miss running in Holladay though! Nothing beats Holladay Boulevard! This year I had a chance to run:

Salt Lake City Half Marathon
Top of Utah Half Marathon
Ragnar Relay, Las Vegas
Nike 10K
Turkey Trot

I would love to run a marathon but I think next year I will focus on running my half's faster. 2011 will be my marathon year! For now Nicole and I are planning on running the Ogden Half next year...anyone want to join? Plus anyone want to start a Wasatch Back team? I don't even know if they are sold out already or not.

Here are the Hot Mamma's I was talking about. We took these pictures for the Dr. OZ show. They came out and filmed us for one of their segments. Yeah....we weren't on TV. I do believe they showed a snip-it of us in the background? At least that is what I heard. I guess we'll have to settle for our 15 seconds of fame instead of 15 minutes. I just want to get all warm and fuzzy and tell these girls how much fun I am having finding an excuse to hang out! Thanks for our great workouts every week!

Our next adventure??? The St. George Half Marathon and 5K in Jan. Let the countdown begin!

I don't know what it means to jump on "3", as you can see here! But man Sheena really got some height! Woo! I do also have to give props to Susie and her ninja kick! And lets give it up to Em for her "Toyota" jump...remember those commercials?

Oh yeah getting ripped!

We still got it!

4 comments:

Ken and Jos said...

You can get the shoes from JMR and I even think Nordstrom sells them. They are also for a good cause - every pair someone buys, a pair of shoes is givin to a child in need in a 3rd world country. So far over 150,000 children have received shoes from people purchasing these. They are awesome!!

Kerry said...

Oh, cute picture of you and Wendy and you and Katy. Hot Mamma's very cute! It was fun to see all the race's you ran this year. Good luck in St.George next month!

Jena said...

Oh yeah! We are hot mommas!

Jillyan said...

You are a rockstar Amy! I can't believe how many races you did this past year.I ran one half and that was enough for me! I was so happy I ran into you on Thanksgiving! You look amazing as always! Good luck in your upcoming races. Maybe I will see you at the Ogden Half!