Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lights, Camera and Action!

I don't know many Utahans that would disagree with me when I say that you know it's Christmas when you've seen the lights. Tradition, right? Maybe now, but we didn't make it down last year...perhaps it was the new babe that graced our presence. Wasn't quite sure she could handle all that Temple Square had to offer.

Good thing we waited too, because I think she handled it pretty well this year. Katy is a gawker and she made the most of her skills checking out the scene and all the people. She seemed to really enjoy herself.

I was surprised that I didn't:
1. See someone I know AND
2. See someone get purposed to!

We did enjoy the presence of Spencer (Steve's cousin) and Jenny. Spencer also dons the uniform so when they get together it's tales of jail and tickets and whatever else you can think of. Somehow I don't feel that I can "feel the spirit" of the nativity scene when they are discussing the problems with heroin and meth. Can you blame me?

We still had a great time!

My favorite RED tree, love it. It seems like I hear someone refer to the atonement in regards to this tree, and somehow it has always stuck.
That's what I think of when I see it

Flashback/Rewind.....2007!

Love the lights!

So Mary and Joseph in the water must have been a new thing since 2007.
I felt that it added a nice touch!


Dad and the Katster. Hopefully she will think this is a fun family tradition,
even in sub zero temperatures!

5 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

I love the lights, and have not been in a few years (it's hard when Kevin works mega hours this time of year). It makes it really seem like it is Christmas time!!!

McKenzie said...

Hi Amy! I'm so happy that I stalked out your blog! Katy is darling! It looks like life is treating you well. Our blog is private, but we have a preview blog you can comment on if you would like an invite. I'm glad to see what you are up to!

Anonymous said...

I love Temple square too! Love the pictures!!!

Brady and Britton said...

Amy you look amazing! Katy is adorable and getting so big! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Kerry said...

Amy, zip your coat up! Beautiful pictures, look so fun!