Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sweet Lovin'

Goodness me, it's been 6 years since Steve has had the pleasure of having the ol' ball and chain tied to his ankle...yup SIX years!

We started out like most normal, regular, down to earth couples did; we met through a mutual friend, hung out and I gave him a raspberry! That is what I call totally healthy and normal. I guess Steve could not get enough of my sweet raspberry giving and had to take me on a date a few days later.

He played the "come see a scary movie card" with me because I get really terrified and need someone there with me. This being terrified became totally apparent, though, when I took him to his first haunted house (after we were married...good old Frightmares!) and he almost lost it! Okay so he really is scared! But I bet you cant beat a $5.00 best first date ever. Mostly the $5.00 part. Truth be told after we went to the 0.50 cent movies and the Belgian Waffle Inn and shared a waffle we were pretty close, but I do believe that Steveo's OJ pushed us a bit over the $5 mark!

I'd also say that we've been through heck and high waters, but it's actually been a pretty smooth ride. Unless you call the "heck" part living in the married student housing at the U (quite the experience) and the "high water" part when my water broke in bed! TMI for sure! ***Remind me to tell you a funny story about our student housing experience, perhaps to be blogged about at a later time***

Here we are six years later and LIFE IS GOOD.

Thanks for making me your ball and chain Steve! I have loved every minute of it!

Ode to the last 6 years:
2003 - Sorry so small

2004

2005

2006

2007- again sorry so small, I couldnt find a bigger file!

2008

2009 - Sadly I couldn't find a picture of just the two of us!
Maybe next year!

Hubba Hubba, I am one lucky girl!

8 comments:

Rob Dog said...

6 years!! Nice!! love all the pictures!! Congrats!! Did you guys do something fun to celebrate? You guys always do something cool!! How are things? It seems like its been a long time!!

Lacey Tait said...

So fun Congrats on the 6 years!! Doesn't time just seem to fly! You guys are just the cutest family!

McKell Callister said...

Big Congrats! I can't believe we're getting so old! You guys are such a cute pair!

Ken and Jos said...

Congrats!!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Congrats!!! I remember the raspberry - I was there to witness it :)

Wendy Olson said...

It is so different to see Steven with hair!!!!! One day maybe he will grow it out again!!!!

Alesha said...

Your posts are seriously so entertaining! I am still waiting to hear where in Riverton you live? Maybe we are close by!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alesha...I skip over others posts when I see one of yours because I am so entertained. ha ha! Okay so You guys are adorable and Unlike Alesha and like you I have a hard time finding pics of just me and the hubs...you have to really make a point to get them once the kiddies come...Alesha is always taking pics of she and phil...kinda funny!!! Cute post and congrats!