Sunday, October 31, 2010

Witch Hat!

I know you cant really take decent pictures in this kind of light without a flash but I had to try to capture our trip to Gardner Village to see the witches. This place goes all out for Halloween. Steve was working late, and let's face it is probably happy to not have to go to this place.....so we decided to have a gals night out with the witches. We talked about them all day so I was figuring that she would be fine when we got there.

We started out at the candy shop. I LOVE those watermelon suckers they have....well they didn't have those but Katy didn't mind going with an orange one. I guess I wasn't paying much attention, because I would have stopped her from popping that thing in her mouth if I had realized that I would spend the next 30 minutes in line trying to pay for the thing! It was insane in there! I guess that is what happens when all the tweens were taking full advantage of the free fudge samples....sheese!

Once we were done with that place we strolled around to take a look at the witches. And really, things seemed to be going good. She defiantly got nervous around them but was fine when I held her. We'd be strolling along and she would shout "holdie" I would pick her up and we would take a gander. I even tried to convince her that the dancing witches were in fact doing the hot dog dance like Mickey does on Micky Mouse Clubhouse. She wasn't convinced!

"Oh my gosh....I see one now." She wouldn't take her eyes off them once they were in her line of site!

She thought the pumpkins were cool. Until....

She realized there was a witch next to her. "HOLDIE!" Oh and I think I heard "blankie" in there a few times.

All in all I thought it was a good trip. She was defiantly nervous but I though because we didn't have a break down we did good.

Because it was so late when we got home we had to go straight to bed, after our normal hand washing, teeth brushing and book reading. We said prayers and I gave her a kiss. She told me love you and night night. I shut the door and didn't think twice.

Little did I know that a half hour later she was SCREAMING from her bed room. I let her cry for a minute but realized that something must be wrong because she never does this. I laid in there for about a half hour with her before I finally got it out of her that she was scared. She kept saying KK scared, scary. I asked her what she was scared of. She promptly answered......"Witch Hat (this is what Katy calls witches)!" Ahhhh! and Ha at the same time! I should have known that witches and sugar before bed don't mix! By the time she said she was scared she was back asleep because she had cried so much! Luckily it only happened that night and I haven't heard of the witches again!

Like I said....note to self: Witches and Candy before bed DON'T mix!!!! But are good for a laugh a few weeks later :)

3 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

That makes me so sad that Katy was scared. She looks so big in these pictures - it's crazy how fast they grow up!

Let's get our girls together soon to play.

Ashley said...

hey don't mock, i am one of those moms in the candy line just for the free fudge!:) I'm too cheap to buy it so i just want that little tiny sliver they give ya...

Britney said...

poor katy, that last pictures makes me cry. she's becoming quite the boob! haha!

You should try and find a picture of yourself at Katy's age to post side by side...seriously you two look the exact same!