Sunday, July 17, 2011

the BIRD is the word

Snowbird. What can I say about this place? I love it, it's a tradition, it's a blast! My grandparents bought a unit up here day one, which means my family and I have been going to Snowbird since before I was born. After my grandpa passed away and because our family is getting SO big we all take turns sleeping at snowbird. So every 4th year my mom and sisters and I can go and spend the week up there. When it's not your week you are welcome to come up all day every day....there just isn't room for you to sleep over. So seeing that it was not our year we went up for a few days of swimming. Mind you this was in JUNE, and I cannot believe how much snow was still up there. There was a big pile of snow right behind the lounge chairs, which made me laugh.

Tuesday Britney came up. Mom and Grandma Ida came up with us and we spent the afternoon at the pool. Katy and Brynn were making me laugh for sure!


Brynn was so nice to share her blow up tube with Katy, because she loved it!

Brynn seemed to have a pretty good time pushing Katy around on that thing!

Ha, not the most flattering light, but a fun picture non the less!

Mom and Grandma had fun watching us play in the pool.

TJ and Gage were quite the dare devils in that pool doing all sorts of jumps, flips and throwing each other off the edge. TJ was growing his hair out so he could to the Justin Beiber hair do. Katie cut it a few weeks ago and it looks really good!

After we went swimming we went up to the Plaza and got some ice cream, yum!

My cousin Tyler was up from Seattle with his super cute family, we had a fun time playing with all of them. His daughter asked Grandma Ida if I was a teenager, oh yeah! I still got it!

Mom and I went back up on Friday and that's when Katy got stung by a bee. I had just gotten in the water, Katy hopped out and wanted to go and jump in. She was deciding where to jump at when I saw a bee flying around her head. I didn't want to scare her but wanted her to move. I asked her to come to me and that's when she spotted it. She was scared and went to cover her eyes and that's when she trapped in in between her face and hands. Luckily it only got her hand and not her face, but she did get it twice. Poor thing. The rest of the day she didn't want to go outside because the bees were going to get her. She didn't mention it for a few days but did start having an aversion to "guys" a few days later.....so that is what we are dealing with now a days....GUYS!

1 comment:

Britney said...

Great pictures. So sad about Katy's new worry the "guys". Poor little thing didn't need anything new to be worried about! ;)