Thursday, June 3, 2010

18

If you can believe it Katy turned 18 months not too long ago, and YES the time has just flown by!

We had to laugh when we went to her check up. They did all the routine measuring and weighing. Like usual, when they took us into the room they went over the findings before Dr. Schmidt got there.....Weight 22lbs 22%, Head 18.6 inches 72%, Height 33inches 77%.......WHAT??? 77 percent for height? No way! Steve and I were literally amid a high five when the assistant looked at both of us again. It was at this time I believe she realized that neither of us are very tall and opted to do a remeasure. The results? 31 inches 33%! Ha, unfortunatly that sounds more accurate as to where it should be!

What can I say about my 18 month old???

Likes:
- This child cannot get ENOUGH of anything to do with Mickey Mouse. When she wakes up the first thing she says is Mickey, Mickey, Mickey. I actually couldn't get a picture of all her Mickey stuff because it's was pretty much all with her in her crib with her taking a nap when I took most of these pics! Ha,


- The foot book guy. Does anyone know his name? I always make him wave to her from the front seat when we are all driving somewhere. Now every time she sees him she says "HI" really loud! He's a good ol' friend along with anything Dr. Seuse....

-Baby Can Read......You are laughing now but I swear your kid would love it! Steve was flipping the channels one night after he got home and this infomercial got a hold of him. Once he made me watch it I was hooked! She loves the movies, the books and I really do think that they have helped her with her speaking....at least the words she can say. Kind of embarrassed that we have this in a way...but I'll be the one laughing when Katy graduates at kindergarten (as portrayed by the baby in the graduation cap!)

- Abby Cadabby Coloring Book from Costco. In love with the thing, loves to color (mostly on my walls!!!!) Likes Seasme Street, but LOVES Abby!

-Bad Dog Marley. This is a book that we got for Christmas last year from Roger and Joanne. She laughs her head off every time we read it, mostly because of the voices. Whenever Marley get's in trouble everyone says "Bad dog Marley", except baby Louie he always says "Bad boo boo waddy" which is her favorite!!!! But books in general are always a good bet. She has been doing great at nursery and I have been told on multiple occasions that she LOVES books.

Dislikes:
-Hates her diapers changed!!!!! 80% of the time she is screaming her head off, is this normal? Weird!
- Bread.... I didn't really like bread until my later years either, like mother like daughter. Now I have a small glimpse of my own mothers frustration over this!
- Being told what to do.
-Riding in the cart at the store. This gal always wants to be down walking around, and getting into everything!
- The jogging stroller....more about that in a later post!

PHOTOGRAPHY TIP: It's a good idea to take pictures of your kids favorite things (I still need to get some of her actually playing with them). This way I'll remember not only that Katy loves things like books, but it will help me remember that I had to read this one hundreds of times!

2 comments:

Britney said...

I can't believe it! 18 months flew by. I love the idea of taking pictures of favorite things...great tip!

Randi said...

she is so cute!