Friday, December 17, 2010

Who am I kidding?

I have these grand ideas in my head for photo shoots for Katy. She will be happy to take her "princess pictures" as I like to call them. She will smile on command, and all in the land will be happy. This is my mind here, we can wish!

In all actuality, I have to deal with Katy being a big poop! I don't know what it is but this girl will go out of her way to make sure I have a very bad, horrible, no good experience!

My friend Nicole and I planned on meeting to take a few snaps of our kidos in celebration of them turning two. I had high hopes for this one for sure. We found a fun location down town and we would go out to eat afterwards. It all started when Katy was not happy that I was giving attention to Oakley....who was great, poor thing... Katy ended up making her cry she was being such a poop as noted before! Then she was not happy that Oakley was playing with her Minnie doll. I think the thing that got her going the most, though, is when I the balloons I bought flew away because I didn't tie them tight enough to the stroller! AHHHHHH, poor thing. I am laughing in my head because the last time Katy and I got together with Nicole and Oakley, Katy had a break down in the pool because of the buckets of terror!!!! So I am thinking that Nicole probably thinks that I am CRAZY when I tell her that Katy is a pretty easy going kido.

Any who, this is the best picture I got of her before I didn't even try to take another one of her. I do believe this is also right before the balloons flew away! Ha! I was so mad! Steve had to remind me that Katy was probably just trying to tell me that she needs a break from pictures. When I got back to the car, calm as could be on the outside when I was screaming on the inside, Katy managed to get out an "I love you mommy" thought her sobs. Then I felt like a jerk for feeling so disappointed when all I wanted was to have a fun time with Katy. So that is exactly what we did when we went to lunch, we had a great time!

I decided that I would try again today to take some pics of Katy. I guess she get's sick of having the camera out all the time and pretty much doesn't like to take actual pictures because we were having a hard time again. I decided that the best thing to do was to go ahead with my photo shoot anyway. I went into the kitchen and was laughing and talking to all of her "friends" saying how much fun we were having!

JJ Bear, Monkey Baby, Foot Book Guy and Minnie.....they were great models. Katy was immediately interested in what was going on that she had to come over and check it out. She thought it was hilarious that we were taking pics of her friends.

Katy insisted that we had to take some of chuck too.

He didn't mind especially for a treat! Oh and please pardon the fact that Chuck looks like an Alien! He just got his hair cut, and don't laugh too hard that we had to pull out the sweater since it's been so cold! Ha, we bought this up at the book store when we were in school for a few bucks as a joke....who knew it would come in handy one day! GO UTES!!!

She even decided that it would probably be a good idea to take a "princess picture" of herself too. She wore her new snow hat....

And even sported her Minnie ears.

So I guess it goes to show that sometimes you just need to get a bit creative when it comes to taking pictures of your kidos. If nothing else you can have a great time taking pictures of your kidos "friends" or going out to lunch afterwards with your own friends! And even thought your photo shoots may not go according to plan you can still get some fun pictures if you just keep at it!

6 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

We had so much fun!!! Oakley was being just as much of a poo as Katy, and I came unprepared without a Minnie doll for Oakley :) The pictures turned out darling!!! I LOVE the idea of taking pictures of her friends, so cute!

That was fun, lets do it again soon!

Alesha said...

Nothing like trying to get a 2 year old to do what you want huh? lol at least you got some cute ones at home.

The Duncans said...

I love how on top of the blogging thing you are. You put me to shame! Thanks so much for all the comments on the blog I absolutely love it when people comment and I have been too out of it to keep up on others blogs. Heck yes, I would love to help you make a costume next year. Hopefully after the holidays settle down a bit I will resume sewing day. I absolutely adore your quilt you made for Katy. I need you to teach me how to pick out fabrics. So cute. Ant who we are excited about the white trash party!

Lacey said...

Hi Amy! Your daughter is adorable! And how fun is it that she and Oakley are practically the same age... I'm going to put a link to your photography site on my blog. But I can't post the pics you took until after Christmas since they are surprise gifts for my grandparents. They turned out great btw Thanks again!:)

Denice said...

Amy..she is SO stinking cute! I think you did an amazing job!

McKell Callister said...

No kidding, she is the cutest little girl ever. Save her for one of my little boys, will ya?