Friday, April 29, 2011

3 x 12//April 2011

April 2011.

If you could pause for a moment with me and have a moment of silence for April, because it's outta here! I was hoping that the last few days in March going out like a Lamb were going to be here to stay...but alas April showers (and FREEZING cold temps) were here to stay. And might I add that it was actually snowing today! Crazy for sure.

April took no prisoners as we made the most of every moment, as we tend to do around here. We got to hit up the sand dunes, get a new dog, get a raisin stuck up our nose, throw up at the dinner table, go to three easter egg hunts, smell some pretty flowers, celebrate Easter with our families, get sick, and celebrate the resurrection of our savior.....whew!

But seriously I think the thing I'm most surprised about is how cold the weather has been. Where oh where has my nice spring weather gone, where oh where could you be? Do you think that spring is going to make an appearance here? I am questioning whether or not I have sessional depression. Katy begs me every day to head out to the park or go on a walk. We try to make it work where we can. I think we are both getting some cabin fever here.

Katy continues to make me laugh and question weather or not she is 2 and a half or 12? She seems so grown up, except in the potty training department. Ha, perhaps I have no idea what I'm doing here but I just keep asking and she just keeps going. I think I am scared to go full out and have accidents. She is more and more interested in going and has even asked a few times this month, but no poop yet! May is my month where I am actually going to make some efforts around here in that department......and yet other times she seems like she is 12! I cant believe how grown up she is. Katy has always been good at entertaining herself and using her imagination. This month she is very fascinated in "what you want to be?" I asked her, "when I grow up (?).....a mom". Katy informed me that she was going to be a doctor. Not sure where this fascination came from because this was before she had to make a visit to Dr. Schmidt to get the raisin removed. I asked her what kind of doctor she wanted to be. "a PINK one!" Not sure what a pink doctor does but it sounds like a good time to me.

Colt, our new police dog, has been a pretty great addition to our family. Steve got Chuck when he graduated college and was convinced that he had him wrapped around his finger. Now don't get me wrong, I wanted to KILL Chuck when we first got him and he was pooping all over everything. But I think I surprised both of them when Chuck became my BEST FRIEND (so cliche). Truth be told, I think Chuck would pick me over Steve in a heart beat :) No one spoons like I can. Colt, is totally awesome though. I was worried that Chuck would have a hard time with the whole situation but they are fast becoming best buds. I still cant believe I have two dogs before I had another kid, but we are really enjoying this addition to our family. I do think Colt likes Steve better at this point, but I am trying my darndest with my treats and peanut butter! Katy loves all animals but has found Colt particularly interesting and is convinced she must ride him like a horse. He is so kind and gentle that he usually just politely moves out of reach...poor guy, we try to keep her at bay. Being able to rough house more with him, because he's bigger, has made her a bit more "rough" with Chuck. He has seemed to not like that very much. Oh and I took him running the other night and LOVED it. He was a really good motivation, like running with someone, to keep going. He was sad when we had to stop. That will be a pleasant change of pace in that department!

Steve continues to be awesome, as usual! I am very blessed to have such a great family. We are far from perfect, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have some fun stuff planned for May so I am hoping that the weather will join in and have some fun too!

2 comments:

anya said...

in love with that picture!

Suzie said...

What a cool picture Amy! You guys are a beautiful family!!!