Monday, April 11, 2011

The tall tales of Katy!

I think I'll start todays tales with a little story about last night.

Picture us all sitting down to dinner at the In-Laws. Everyone's sittin' pretty enjoying the good food. Mrs. Joanne even made Katy a special pizza on a tortilla. Katy was enjoying all the fruit that Grandma and Grandpa Beardshall brought over, but she would not even try the pizza. She's old enough to know better so I told her that she needed to at least try it or she couldn't play with the doll house after she was done. Still no takers. It went back and forth like this for a bit. They she decided that she would test the waters and licked it. Anyone? Does anyone else have to deal with the licking? It's so funny to see that little tongue pop out and give it a try. Well because we had already been bickering back and forth for a bit I think she had mentally psyched herself out by this point. The mere lick of her food was making her gag.

Now I have heard many a tall tale about how Steve was the biggest gagger/throw-upper this side of the mississippi when he was a lad, but for some reason I just never figured I'd have to deal with this myself. Why? Because, let's be honest, who wants to deal with a gagger?

She finally took a bite and spit it out. I had had it by this point and decided it was time for us to make a graceful exit before we really got a show. I put her on the couch and told her that she couldn't play with the doll house. She was crying and wanted her blanket so I went and grabbed it for her. Not two seconds later, with blanket in tow....I got that show I was trying to avoid! Vomit everywhere!!! Now I would say it's just Karma if it was Steve that got sick all over....but it wasn't Steve it was me!!!! And if the truth be known, Steve has a hard time with vomit himself. He was very helpful but was, himself, on the verge of getting sick! We cleaned up and had a tub.

Steve was asking me why I was being so hard on her and forcing her to eat her food! Ha, that was not the case at all. And let me tell you.....that Tangled movie that I was going to save for a poop in the potty day, she's already watched it many times. So I guess I'm just trying to at least stick to my guns on this one. Steve is actually a HUGE softie for this little gal. He'd probably spoil her rotten if I gave him the chance. I am thinking that I will be taking the "you go to bed hungry" route for the next few years for now and not the "you have to try at least one bite!" I DONT really want to deal with that one on a regular bases.

Our next tall tale takes us to this afternoon. I got a call from Steve, frantic on the other end looking for the tweezers. I could hear Katy in the background screaming. I told him where to find them and asked what was up. He told me everything was fine, but he'd have to call me back. I got a call back not 10 minutes later where Steve had explained that Katy had taken the liberty of shoving a yogurt covered raisin up her nose! With no use getting it out she got to visit Dr. Schmidt this afternoon. And I guess raisins plump up when they are exposed to moisture...snot! That thing had expanded to the point they had to get out the extra long grabbies! But, alas, the raisin was removed and the disaster was averted!

She graciously posed for a picture for me today, pointing to her nose!

I guess this girl is just keeping us on our toes. Let's see what tomorrows tall tales take us!

8 comments:

Campbell Clan said...

I don't deal with vomit well either. I would take the go to bed hungry route. :)

Things up noses are so gross! Good thing the dr was able to get it out. My in-laws all see Dr. Schmidt too. :)

Britney said...

Oh Katy!!!

Ellingson's said...

Oh boy, you've got your hands full with that one! Even Makelle has to sit at the table until she eats all of her food, or she goes to bed early. What a character Katy is, keep the stories coming, they're very entertaining :)

Heidi said...

I can't tell you how many times that happened with Steve! I am totally laughing, but it should definitely be him that deals with the puke. For the record it always happened when grandpa and grandma Beardshall were at our house. I bet my parents were totally cracking up. Steve always did it right into the plate. It was disgusting to witness!

Sheena said...

Yuck!!! I don't do puke well and for some reason every time my kiddos get sick the hubby is no were to be found... and he is the one that is totally fine with it!!! Oh, and isn't the up the nose stuff fun?! I have had many experiences pulling wet toilet paper out of Gavins nose. He saw Ty use TP to stop a bloody nose on himself and what boy doesn't want to be like his Daddy?! Oh the JoYs of parenthood!

The Hardy's said...

I think the gagging reflex must run in the Russell side because Kendyl and Ryder are gaggers too! I think I remember a couple of Beardshall cousins who stuck rocks or marbles up their noses when they were little too! ;-)

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that has a hard time sticking to my guns. I have the hardest time being consistent with disciplinary action - and Kevin is no help either - he is just like Steve and would spoil her rotten if I let him. Anyways, when you figure out how to be consistent let me know - until then, here's to kids not going to bed without finishing their dinner - at least for now :)

Angela said...

too funny! it may not have been fun for you to deal with but it was sure fun to read! good thing she's so cute, right?