Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Really???

Oh my HECK....I can't believe I am even saying this but meet the newest member of Team Beardshall, Colt! Really?!? That is pretty much all I've been thinking all day today.

Actually I am kind of ashamed to say this but when we were wild and crazy before Katy came along we actually tried 2 dogs, twice. Every time Chuck had the hardest time. Okay, I was really the one having the hardest time....it was just HARD! So obviously that didn't work out because we only have Chuck now.

So how did we end up with another dog??? That is a good question, one that is easy to answer. Among other job duties, Steve is now a K-9 officer. Lucky for us (or me really) is that Colt is not your typical K-9 dog. He is strictly a drug sniffing dog. Not aggressive at all, in fact. Which is kind of the only reason I'm okay with the idea. Maybe if we had older kids we could deal with your "typical" type of police dog. Steve's unit got a hold of this guy because I'd say about 50% of cases Steve's unit deals with involve drugs.

Steve is on cloud 9 for sure, he was hoping that he'd get the chance one day to be a K-9 officer. I guess things are just happening a bit faster than expected for us, or me that is. But, alas, I am super proud of Steve and making things happen for himself.

I was worried Chuck would have the hardest time. But as you can see......

Chuck seems pretty ok with the idea. Maybe it works because Chuck and Colt are both about 4 years old. Also I think it helps that because Colt is around all the other SUPER aggressive police dogs all day long, he could care less if Chuck wants to be "man of the house". He'll sleep in the basement in his crate. Chuck still gets to spoon with me :) So, all in all, it's going good so far. Considering I only had less that 24 hour notice that we were getting the thing!

We went to the dog park today. Man am I not used to things like this happening! Chuck was awesome....he played fetch too until about the 6th time throwing it he was all pooped out! His little legs just cant carry him around like a dog like Colts can!

Here's to smooth sailing, fingers crossed!

7 comments:

Britney said...

He's cute.

I hope everything goes well. Your a good woman! ;)

Alesha said...

Wow, good luck with that! haha I am such not a dog person, I love mine, but never want another! haha

Ellingson's said...

Congrats on the dog! And good luck!! He's sure cute!

Nicole and Kevin said...

He's cute, but 2 dogs is a lot of work - good luck :) Maybe one day we will get a dog! Katy will love both dogs, so then you will love them both as well!!!

Sheena said...

I want to come and see your new edition! We will have to get all of our 4 legged children together to play!

Heidi said...

So I better not go out of town anymore. All kinds of craziness ensues!

Jena said...

That is awesome he is a K9 officer now! Cute new dog too!