Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3 X 12//May 2011

May 2011.

I am seriously buggin' at the fact that it's June today. May went by like the blink of an eye, but what a blink it was! I feel like we've been runnin around non stop all month. I guess that is what my life entails a whole lot of the time. I have to laugh (to keep from crying) as I'm typing because my fingers hurt so bad. My finger hurts...now your back is going to hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty! Ha! Anyone, anyone? Happy Gilmore. Sorry to get side tracked there. I hope I don't sound like I am complaining but my fingers are splitting more this month than they do in December because this weather is crazy and my hands have been so dry. Thanks mom for that....bad finger cracking problems, I'm convinced I got that from you!

I have to start this months post off with the fact that Osama Bin Laden is currently dead. I find it ironic that May is the month that we celebrate Memorial Day. I day to remember fallen soldiers, those who fought to make our country what it is today. A country full of freedoms and liberties. A country which I am ecstatic I live in. I like to think that we can remember this particular Memorial Day holiday as one for the history books, because this year I am celebrating not only those fallen soldiers but those that are currently fighting to save and keep those freedoms alive and well. I can only imagine what it would be like to be actively fighting a war across the seas, or to have a loved one over there. I just want to say thank you to all those who have sacrificed to protect and serve. And thank you for those valiant efforts to catch a real scum bag, to put so much on the line..including your lives, to bring justice to pass this May. That is a truly exciting feat! Thank you!

What else has been happening this month?

Katy continues to make me laugh out loud at least 10 times a day with stuff like this:

Taking her love of reading to a whole new level. Making sure everyone can see the pictures as she reads to all her stuffed animals!

We were also able to take part in Steve's cousin Mike's wedding to sweet Sarah. We are glad you are part of the family now. Here is a shot of the fam dam.

I was trying to get everyone to "squeeze in" so we would all fit in the shot. Too bad for me I'm the only one doing it. Sorry I'm totally up in your grill Kyle! Also I am jealous that Wendy has pockets in her skirt....I want pockets!

The wedding and festivities were at the Grand America. This was one of the beautiful days we got to enjoy this month.

We got family pictures taken in California by Tara Whitney. Yes folks, TARA WHITNEY! She was truly awesome. I can't wait to see what she comes up with because the weather in California was totally crazy too! It was seriously hurricane force winds on the beach. I'm quite confident that although we will all totally look like ragamuffins, we will have some pretty dang good pictures. More on that later! (please bless that I looked better than this in our pics! She kept telling me not to squint so much....now I see what she was meaning!)

Did I mention that we went to California, because we did and it was AWESOME! Joanne, Roger, RaNae and Ken all joined us and we had a blast! We hit up Disneyland/California Adventure in one day! More on our whole trip coming soon....

Oh and don't forget that it's that wonderful time of year where Colt is "blowing his coat". That is what Steve continues to call it. Whatever....I get like this much hair out of him at least 2 - 3 times a day! Ewwwww! I told Steve Colt is not allowed in our house unless he brushes him 2 times a day, minimum!!!!! Katy was rolling on the floor the other day and was covered with hair! So the vacuum continues to make multiple appearances daily, and I am fighting tooth and nail to keep this out of my house....because heaven know's I could use some help not to be white trash covered with dog hair!

All Katy seems to want to do this month is go outside. She wants to play at the park or go "wash my car" with dad. We try to sneak out as much as we can with this cold rainy weather. Her sense of humor is making more and more of a showing this month. I find her telling herself jokes in the back seat while we are driving and laughing to herself! Going on vacation proved that Katy is not that bad of a person to have to sleep with. When we first got back she couldn't understand why I wasn't hopping into bed with her to go to sleep. I told her that we could only sleep together when we are on vacation. "I want to be on vacation again mommy" Me too!

We got new church callings to be nursery teachers, which is fitting because we have 4 nurseries in our ward! Steve also got certified with Colt, which means they can go on calls now, and we are coming along with potty training....any thoughts on the whole poop situation? How do you master that one? Life is good!

5 comments:

Britney said...

That picture of you and Tara gave me a rush of giddyness! I don't know if everyone who reads your blog will appreciate that picture as much as I do! :) JEALOUS! Your trip sounded wonderful! That picture of you and Steve at the wedding is gorgeous!

melynda said...

i cant wait to see your pictures, totally jealous!! glad you had a good time in cali, i love that place. when are we going to do you mirrors??? you never texted me back, i am up for whenever, next week??

Angela said...

ohmygoodness! TARA WHITNEY? seriously? so jealous. I have nothing else to say.:)

CKB said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog! Now I have another blog to add to my list! As for the potty training, I bought this great book that is super short and an easy read, and it was really helpful. It has info on all different types of potty training issues and how to correct them. Here is the link to it
http://www.amazon.com/Everything-About-House-Training-Puppies/dp/1411631536/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307679734&sr=1-1

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am still working on the "potty" part of potty training, so maybe you could give me some tips :)

Cali looks like a blast, and I am sure your pictures will turn out beautiful!

Thanks for your blurb about the soldiers - it was very appropriate!