Wednesday, June 15, 2011

California Vacation Extravaganza Part 1

I feel now that the weather has been nicer, I've been neglecting my blog (journaling). But I am feeling that I am getting behind so here is our May California Vacation Extravaganza update for you! Ha, you're so excited I can tell!

I actually did not take advantage of my camera enough on this trip, so i am sorry I don't have more interesting pictures either. But here is part one none the less!

We left Saturday morning and headed to Vegas. We spent the night there and were able to meet up with Steve's cousin Suzie and her family. We got pizza and ate and talked. I do believe Katy was loving the fact that there were so many kidos around. They have 4 of the cutest kid's I've met and they are so well behaved too. They just have a great family. Both Suzie and Steve are great parents. Steve even took Katy up the stairs so they could look at the toys up there. Oh and they are expecting one more, a girl. I say keep emceeing when they are that cute and well behaved!

Sunday morning we were able to go to church with them at their ward. Katy even went to nursery with Ryder. I was impressed to say the least. After church we moseyed on to California. I'm not sure what the deal was but we totally hit BAD traffic on the way there, right on the state line. It's like Vegas has all these awesome wide lanes...and when you get to California it goes down to two lanes. We were stuck in traffic a pretty long time so we didn't get to our hotel until it was pretty late.

When we got to our hotel Katy kept saying over and over...."this is SO fun"! There were Disney pictures all over the walls. We got to go swimming that night with more "this is SO fun" comments and happy screaming/giggles!

Monday Roger had a work meeting in the morning at his headquarters, so we hit up the swap meet that Ken had found. Roger didn't feel too bad he didn't get to go to that one! But he did hit it up as we were getting done. Doesn't this look fun......?!?

Steve was really hoping that he could find a cell phone case but didn't find one.....Not sure why! Doesn't that look like a place you could find a cell phone case?
The rest of Monday we spent hanging out and shopping. Monday evening we had our family pictures on Seal Beach. Like I said in my previous post it was Hurricane force winds! Not what I was expecting, but I can't wait to see them none the less. Tara Whitney was AWESOME!

Tuesday we were supposed to go to Disneyland but it was super rainy, SO....we did some more shopping. We were actually planning on going to Disneyland but changed our mind when we got to the cars. Fortunately for us Uncle Ken found a great mini golf course!

We have a running joke in our family that Ken is the King so I felt that this was an appropriate picture for him....

Ken is actually a big golfer....RaNae, not so much! But she showed us all up when she was the only one to get a hole in one! Go Nae Nae!

Katy had a blast, of course! Even more so when she got to choose the purple ball! They were all out of pink ones.

We did get some sun that day, which is always good when you've had a full morning of rain! Like I said we were planning on going to Disneyland...hence the running shoes with jeans. Oh my, I really am pulling out the grandma card in this picture (no offense to the grandma's out there). I'm not really against running shoes with Jeans....but not skinny jeans! Ha, oh well. At least I wasn't wasn't being judged for my choice of shoes!

We even found a strawberry stand on the way back to the hotel where we picked up some YUMMY strawberries!

2 comments:

Britney said...

Too bad about the Traffic. I've heard that Sunday is the worst day to travel that stretch. Have you heard back from Tara yet? ;)

The Hardy's said...

Awwww, Amy you are so sweet! We loved seeing you guys and were glad you stopped on your way to CA. And Katy is just ADORABLE!