Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day = Awesome! I love it. What a wonderful holiday to share with your family to celebrate our blessings! We got to kick things off with Steve's family. We went to the graves and then out to lunch at the Chuck-a-Rama....Papa's favorite. I think he'd be proud! It seems like we've done this a few years now...I hope we keep this tradition running because it's a blast!

The gang.

On Sunday of the weekend we always have a BBQ at Grandma Ida's house. What a fun tradition. My Grandma lives up by Brighton High School and has the most incredible back yard ever!!! We always called it her secret garden. I have also always been amazed with my grandma's knowledge of horticulture and such. She is AMAZING!

Please excuse the fact that Katy doesn't match at all. I needed a quick jacket as we were walking out and this is what I ended up with! Hey, don't blame me it was cold that day. In fact it started raining just as we went into the garage to watch old slides of my mom and aunts and uncle growing up. SO FUN. I remember my great grandma Lewis had these slide viewers you could use to look at the slides...I felt like I was back at Great Grandma Lewis's house!

The Barker Kidos!

Mom, Zach, Katie, Grandma and Steveo

Hey we get a lot of good use out of all our names. Katy with Katie and Brynn with cousin Bryn. Actually if you really want to laugh cousin Bryn named her son Andrew (like my cousin and her brother Andrew) but they call him Drew instead of Andy (which is what we call my cousin). Who knows what we will recycle next around here!

No comments: