Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Camping Box

We didn't make it up to Silver Lake on our "anniversary celebration night" because we were a little side tracked making an offer on THE CAMPING BOX.

Years ago, before either of us had kidos, we went camping in Moab with Rachel and Andrew Davis. I like to think that I'm always prepared but we forgot some essentials needed when camping. Enter the camping box. If I remember correctly they grabbed it on the way out from his parents, and it was loaded with everything you could ever need while out in the wild...it had salt, pepper, sos pads, garbage bags, pots, pans, utensils, tampons...you get the idea. It was genius for sure. When we got back, we immediately made a camping box of our own, which we've made good use of up to now.

When we bought the pop up trailer, Steve got to work transferring everything from the camping box into the trailer. Steve says it needs a good name....I keep coming back to just calling it "the camping box". What do you think? Any ideas?

I LOVE the 90's teal green and yellow theme. Steve has big plans for this bad boy.

We enjoyed some great camping food of course. Hot dogs and chili (my favorite....I kid, I kid, I hate hotdogs! ha) and grilled cheeses. Katy was dying over the zoo pals plates so we had to get those too....do you see my horse looking at you?

Katy wanted some chips. I asked her to smile for a picture and I'd get her some. This is what I got....
beautiful!

This is Steve's best impression...

And this is what I get with a picture together. Nice.

This picture will FOREVER make me laugh out loud when I see it. Katy was up playing in her bed and thought it might be funny to do her best impression of an angry birds pig. Pretty striking resemblance right? So funny!

Mostly it was just nice to be out in the fresh air and lounge around. We went up American Fork Canyon, and if you haven't been there you are missing out. I think it's one of the most beautiful canyons in Utah for sure. We actually go up there so much that we got an annual pass (it does cost to get in, bummer).

Katy just kept telling us how much fun she was having. She'd be doing something and then have a "freak out" moment where she needed to lay down on the ground and giggle.

I cant seem to get this guy to smile at me. He walks around all day with a permagrin on his face and when I whip out the camera, nothing! Steve's been doing some research on his rescue puppy and we are thinking more and more that he may be a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and not a chocolate lab....which is what the shelter was thinking. What are some key features of a Chessy? Amber eyes, wavy mane, white spotting and webbed feet....check, check and check!
*On a side note we are thinking that he may be younger that 4 years old (which is what the shelter guessed too). Maybe that's because he keeps eating loaves of bread off the counter when we are gone, and when we decided to keep him in the basement this week while we were gone, he took the liberty of chewing up the door jam! AHHHH! Good thing he is cute and his coat is not shedding as much lately :)*

Chuck doesn't have pretty eyes to take pictures of, and he doesn't smile for me either, and his nose got in the way of my shot....but he is my best bud and he is a super spooner, especially when you are camping! I also am fond of his Ewok lips!

We tried to get a picture of Steve and Colt together, but as you can see it was a bit of a struggle with Colt not wanting to hold still and Steve forcing a smile through his frustration! Hey, we tried and this picture makes me laugh.

We went on a walk after dinner. I scrouched down to get this shot...and Katy thought she'd do the same. It was fun in our camp ground. Katy kept telling everyone that she went to the bathroom on the potty (we brought the small potty with us....in yet another attmept at this DANG potty training thing), and that we were sleeping in the playhouse...which is what she calls the trailer. Perhaps another good name? Might be too girly.

She kept telling us all night long how she was not tired. I'm sure that the more she was telling us that, the more she was trying to convince herself that she was not tired! But she surprised us and fought it until about 11:00pm!

We seriously had a great time. I cant wait to see where the camping box will take us next!

8 comments:

Britney said...

For Sure!
That angry bird picture of katy and her piggy nose is the best! Made me laugh out loud too. Hi.lar.ious! bwahaha!

Britney said...

Oh and I LOVE your new camping box. We need to plan a vay cay!

Rosie said...

I think the camping box is the perfect name! In fact until I read further in your post I thought you were talking about the trailer!

Alesha said...

Pretty much want my own camping box now! Looks so fun!

Sheena said...

What? A trailer? Why is this the first time I am hearing about this? How does Sept. 16th through the 19th work for ya?

Lacey said...

I think we need a camping box now too. That looks like a blast! Those popup tent trailers are great, especially if you don't have a truck to put a camper on. I love Katy's piggy face pic, too funny.

T.Irwin said...

One of my favorite entries from you!! I love the pictures! How fun to get the "camping box" and I would keep that name. Love it!

Heidi said...

I agree, the camping box has to stay. That angry birds piggy is about the best thing I ever saw! I think you need to use that as a Christmas card and do some sort of Angry birsds thing!