Monday, August 15, 2011

Famous First Words

I think it's fair to say that Steve and I clicked from the moment we met. By the end of the night we had a date set up for the following week. It was magical, romantic and very classy....we went to the Belgian Waffle Inn. I think I remember Steve saying it's the best waffle you'll ever eat.

In all seriousness it was the funnest date I'd been on. We went to the movies (where it was 50 cent movie night), and to eat at the Belgian Waffle Inn, and drove around into all hours of the night, I'm sure. I think in total our date was less than 5 dollars! Okay, maybe it was over 5 dollars but that was only because Steve got an OJ with his waffle (something of which now gives Steve tremendous heart burn :) we're starting to show our age a bit here).

The night Steve purposed we went there for dinner again, and sadly that was the only two times I've eaten there. Now, we are not the couple to celebrate the anniversary of every little thing that has ever happened to us....but I've always thought it would be fun to go back there on the night we got engaged and then head up to Silver Lake, where he purposed.

I don't think a thing had changed...so it was fun to go back and remember our crazy first date. It was fun taking Katy there too, even though I don't think she understood the significance of it all. We weren't able to make it to Silver Lake because we had something come up (more on that later) but we did have a great time. And I think Steve's famous first words of "the best waffle you'll ever eat" are still true...but I think it all tasted so good because I was there with my family just how we started eight years ago with Steve's purposal!

3 comments:

Britney said...

I knew that story. We did the same thing with our kids to Leatherby's. :) I've never seen that place though? Where is it?

Eardley Fam said...

Oh I love that story! So fun to learn that about you guys. What a beautiful family you have too!

Randi said...

awww! that is so fun and cool!