Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day in the life.....

Catching up on Steve's iPhone dump for the last little bit. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Family night drive up Rose Canyon to overlook Kennecott Copper Mine.
2. Taylorsville Day fireworks in June. Notice Steve's gun earmuffs? Those worked like a charm on the boom-boom sparkies.
3. Hangin' out at Snowbird
4. You could even see Tooele up there at the overlook. And I know the 5$ per car goes to charity when you go, but it's free when you take our way!
5. Diggin' for rocks in Grandma Joanne's garden.
6. Bee sting at the pool. Steve taught me that if you put white toothpaste on it...it feels much better. My cousin Brooke gave Katy a glow bracelet, we told her it would keep the bees away to get her to go back outside!
7. Watching the K-9 trials in Herriman. Way cool to go and watch if you've never been.
8. She even got Grandpa Beardshall to play in the garden with her one night.
9. Watching fireworks with Paige and Blake on the 4th of July.
10. Pretty flowers at Snowbird.
11. More Taylorsville Days. You can't see it but Steve is reading "Busted" a one dollar magazine you can pick up at the gas stations. You can read about all the people that were arrested the previous week. Kind of sad but kind of some funny stuff in there too. Steve, of course, loves it!
12. I felt bad she was having a hard time with the noise level on the 4th. She was not very happy. It wasnt until a few days later she was saying her ear hurt. Because it was after hours I decided to take her in to the insta care. She had an ear infection so bad her ear drum had ruptured and it was bleeding like crazy when they checked it. We felt SO bad. She was kind of off a few days before that but never mentioned that her ear hurt or that she didnt feel good! Parent's of the year award!

1. Chuck in the new truck...poor guy can't see very well with those stubby legs!
2. I think Grandpa even got a bit wet!
3. Trying on Steve's glasses, Uncle Ken's face makes me laugh in this picture....like he's trying to decide if she really looks good in oversized glasses or not!
4. Colt has a good view from the back there.
5. Dog lake. We pull of the hot sweaty mess pretty well!
6. Thank heaven for scrubbies....we got ready for bed before our overlook family night!
7. RaNae and Ken came to Taylorsville Days with us. We had a blast and got treats before hand.
8. Steve scored us free tickets to the Days of 47 Rodeo through work and we sat pretty close behind President Monson. He was so CUTE with everyone that came to say hi and all the kids that kept yelling for him to turn around and wave! He's quite the comedian!
9. The new truck...it doesn't have a name yet. I cant tell if it's a boy or a girl yet? Still working on that one. The Jeep never had a name but we knew she was a girl!
10. Why???
11. Why?????
12. I see where Katy has become quite the expert at pulling faces...more fun at the rodeo!

3 comments:

Randi said...

can I just say that I love the last 10-12 ha ha!

Kevin said...

This is Nicole, using Kevin's account. I was way behind on your blog and am glad I caught up.

I love the camping box. We will have to go camping together sometime - now that we are proud owners of a tent:-)

Your family pictures turned out so good. I agree with you, worth every penny!!! I love the colors you chose, they were so cute! I love how she captured Katy, I just love them!

I feel like I have a baby connection with you - is that weird? Anyways, I just hope you know you were in my prayers.

Alesha said...

Wow you guys sure had a lot of fun. I kinda feel like we got the shaft this summer...we didn't do anything real exciting and Koen already started school!