Monday, February 27, 2012

Here's to another year



photos by Tara Whitney


Well here we are again.....past due for a mushy love post from me about my lover. I'm not quite sure how it happens but I always seem to wait to write about my thoughts on being married and celebrating our anniversary until way after the fact. In my defense our anniversary is like a week before Christmas (thank you school breaks), and it get's a little crazy around here.


Non the less, Steve and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary back in December.


What do I have to say about that? I almost feel at a loss for words when I think of my relationship with Steve. I could get all super cheesy and say how he completes me, I could get all serious and say he is the best decision I have ever made for myself...the list is endless. What it all comes down to is the fact that my relationship with Steve is perfectly imperfect.


Steve told me once that we really lucked out. I mean how much do you really know about a person that you are going to spend the rest of your life with? I felt comfortable with all the major stuff about Steve....he was super attractive, he had a killer testimony, he was kind, he opened my door for me (still does), he loved his family and had a great relationship with all of them, he was a hard worker, he had goals and ambitions, you know..all the good stuff. What I didn't know in the slightest was how it would be to live with Steve. Would he snore? Leave the seat up? Do his own laundry? Who would make dinner? Who would handle all the money? What kind of crazy quirks would he have? Steve always says that we really lucked out because neither of us are too crazy with any of this stuff. As much as I like to think we lucked out as well.....I think it's more than luck. I think I knew in my heart that Steve would make me the best possible version of myself I could ever imagine to become! It's not hard to over look the little things when we are on the same page about all the major things in our lives. We both have the attitude that we are in this for the long run (for ever and ever and eternity...that's a long time!).


So while Steve doesn't always remember to take out the trash, or put the seat down, he always has a way of making me feel like I am the most special person in the world (unless he is watching a Jazz game! the zoning out gets pretty bad *wink*)! Life's not perfect, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love Steve SO much more today than I did when I said yes over 8 years ago.


"You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."- Dr Seuss


Here's to the old ball and chain for another great year...I love you Steve!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Congrats on 8 years! How exciting! We're coming up on 5 years. It definitely doesn't feel that long. BTW, to answer your question about our oatmeal ... it's just plain, ol' oatmeal. It's not even the instant kind. Sometimes I add nutmeg or cinnamon to spice it up a little, but in reality is is pretty boring. We really need to branch out. :)

Jena said...

Congrats and P.S. You are beautiful and these pictures of you two are priceless!