Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lazy Days

Saturday morning.

I decide to whip out the old camera and take some pictures. I feel like I've been using my iPhone so much lately I've been neglecting my camera.

I ask Katy what we should do. She, of course, decides it will be a great idea to jump on her bed....something I'm sure Steve has okayed when I am not there. I hesitate, but think what the hay and we get to jumping.

Katy's personality is full blown funny right now. She comes up with the most interesting things and has quite the imagination. We were driving in the car the other day and she spits out (from the back seat) b-s-h-a-l-l. We all laugh at her attempt to spell our last name and tell her that is a great job. Her brain always seems to be going 100 mph with things she is trying to learn. She asked me the other day what the word recruited means. I'm sure she heard that on dads sports radio.

If she's not thinking of things to ask us, she's thinking of things to do with us. Such as having a fashion show. She had me help her dress up in about 10 different outfits. Each time she'd come down the stairs she asked dad if he was ready to take her picture and would make me introduce her as the fashionable Katy...followed by what she was modeling for us. Chuck and Colt were looking at us all as if we had gone mad, wondering what it was we were doing.

Speaking of Chuck Norris, it was his birthday on the 3rd. It's funny to remember a birthday for a dog but his birthday is the same day as a friends...which has always made it easy to remember.

I informed Katy of this and she got really excited and started planning his party with cake and cupcakes and dog shaped balloons. We actually got together with some friends on Friday to make some cupcakes and hang out. Katy was sure that we were getting together to make cupcakes just for Chucks birthday.

We opted, instead of cupcakes, to take Katy to the store to pick him out a present. We got him a new dog bone, and one for Colt too. We didn't want Colt to feel left out. When we were checking out Katy was informing the gal that worked there that the new bone was for Chuck Norris's birthday. I then explained that Chuck Norris was our dog and it was his birthday. She was sweet and told Katy that was the perfect present and she was sure he'd love it. She also asked Katy if she would wish him a happy birthday from her. Katy excitedly said she would!

He's a great dog, and I feel lucky to have him. Even though he is kind of ornery with Katy sometimes (mostly when she is sitting on top of him, can you blame him?), you can tell he loves her. He's always wanting/willing to get in on the action. Even if it means he might get jumped on!

Yup, my Katy is all grown up it seems. Steve tells me every day how old she is looking. I try not to notice, and yet...cant seem to get enough of "these times", maybe that is why I was ok with the bed jumping today.

She's an incredible person, we feel so lucky to have her.

5 comments:

The Hardy's said...

LOVE these pics of Katy. And yay for Chuck Norris getting his own national holiday! :)

Luke and Marin said...

She is SO cute Amy! She's getting so big, and we are excited for her to become an amazing big sister. I'm sure she'll be tons of help!!

Ken and Jos said...

Awesome pics, Amy. Katy is seriously so pretty :-)

Rosie said...

So fun! Call us next time you need some jumping on the bed buddies :)

Nicole said...

I totally agree. I can't get enough of "these times" either. Three is such a fun age - I kind of want it to last forever!!!