Thursday, January 24, 2013

merry christmas



Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, how could it not be? This year seemed extra special because it was Will's first Christmas, and also because Katy really caught on to the idea of what Christmas is really about. She kept telling us how special it was for us to celebrate Jesus and to give presents to people.

Sadly I was so sick this year. I mean, I was DOWN and OUT for 5 days or so there. Actually we all got sick except for Steve...he is superman when it comes to getting sick. We laid low Christmas morning. It was perfect.

In my house growing up, Santa always left our stockings by our bedroom door. Truth be told my sisters and I would always have a sleepover on Christmas Eve, so I guess Santa left our stockings wherever we were sleeping. My stocking was my most favorite part of Christmas, my mom (I mean Santa) did such an amazing job at getting everything just perfect. Also, bonus for parents, it kept us kidos entertained long enough that we didn't have to wake them up before the crack of dawn!



Katy was stoked, Will was happy to be part of the party, and Steve...hates to get up early, but does it with a smile anyway for the kids! Ha!


Katy always makes you feel like a million bucks because every present is EXACTLY what she wanted and it's always her FAVORITE thing in the world.


She wanted, more than anything, an American Girl doll. Well those babies are a lot of money. I wasnt sure I wanted to spend that much money because I was not sure how it would be treated by a 4 year old. I was researching knock off dolls at Toys R Us and Target between 30-40 dollars, when my sister found the deal of the century....50.00 for a doll and accessory pack. Sold! I'm also happy to report that she has been a big hit. We have also enjoyed reading the books. 


Chuck dove face first into any and all bags and or tissue paper. He always loves a good excuse to do some investigating. Now Will, he was a surprise to me. He was overwhelmed by all the tissue and wrapping paper. I thought he would have LOVED that part, but he cried when I pulled it out of his back and let it fall on his head.

1 comment:

McKell Callister said...

What a fun Christmas! Glad you didn't stress about the Christmas Cards. I agree that you can't always do EVERYTHING!!! I can't believe how old these little boys of ours have gotten already. Your little man is just about as adorable as that little gal of yours!!!