Thursday, January 17, 2013

the hunt



The hunt. How did it begin? The first year we were married we got back from our honeymoon I think on the 23rd?, maybe even Christmas Eve so we of course did not have tree that year. The following year Steve and I invited ourselves to go with the Amundsen's (Steve's neighbors and very good friends growing up). Let me tell you it was a BLAST! We decided to keep up the tradition and we have gone back every year. Some years we go by ourselves, we've had our friends Rachel and Davis come once and Roger and Joanne a few times. One year we even had to tow back the Tacoma (thank you Roger's AAA) when the clutch went out. In fact we even went when Katy was less than a month old! I cut a tree down in the comfort of the warm car that year....and pointed to one that Steve could get! So you never quite know what might happen.

Although this year didn't wield any getting stuck in the snow...I think we were all feeling ok about that. 

This years adventure included Roger, Joanne and Gus...and also Carter and Grayden opted to come. I know Katy would have had a great time, but this girl had an absolute ball with these boys. She rode down and back with them. Although I'm pretty sure that Will missed having her in the back seat. 



We brought all of our really warm snow stuff....but it was unseasonably warm. A light jacket and beanie was all that was really needed.


Will was trying to figure out what we were doing, and he was getting frustrated he couldn't get down and crawl around.


I always imagine that I will be like Clark Grizwold in Christmas Vacation, and the tree will be lit up with a golden ray of sun, while the beautiful singing is in the background. Every year I think this and every year it seems to be stormy or gloomy. Not this year, that golden ray of sun did not let us down when finding our tree!


Always a happy camper when you are not preventing him from having fun or exploring something.


This kid. Carter is such a stud, we are so lucky to know him....Katy thinks he's hilarious!


Q was in hog heaven that he was along for the ride. He rode in the back of the truck...not sure he was a fan of all the bumpy dirt roads we traveled.


This picture makes me laugh because no one is really looking, and I didn't realize how funny my shoes look with my pants....what?!? Yup, I was just waiting for my neighbors to ask us where we were going to put this beaut!


"Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?"
"Bend over and I'll show you."



I think this kid had a blast on his first official adventure with us, even though he was warm in my tummy last year!

***Oh man almost going to get caught up here on the blog! Slacker!***

1 comment:

Kerry said...

LOVE everything!!!