Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Valley

I wasn't sure what I had expected. Something preachy maybe. Something dry. Something amateurish (it's filmmaker Ron William's first documentary). Instead, its hard to describe how affected I was by this film. 
This movie does not judge the Utah County kids who died or their parents. As Det. Doug Lambert said before it started, it is about "good people making bad choices"-some horrific. The film also theorizes why Utah is #1 in anit-depressant prescriptions, #1 in prescription drug abuse, and #1 in suicide in every single age category. I'll just say this...Happy Valley-Don't miss it and bring the Kleenex... although it was hard for me to watch because it hit a little too close to home, the ending credits did mention that the proceeds would go towards helping addicted individuals through rehab, which I think is a pretty worthy cause! Especially for someone who doesn't pay full price for any movie!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

YEAH!!! You updated! I love the animal pictures at the Zoo, really some cool ones. Thanks for getting us caught up, good job!

Sara said...

YAY! It is always good to see one of "the junior girls" (yes, I realize you have not been a jr. in high school for like 8 years but the name sticks) You are still adorable! hope all is well I'm adding your blog as a link so that I can now stock you!