Sunday, August 1, 2010

One Fish, Two Fish, Rope Swing, Blue Fish!

Just catching up here. Steve decided he wanted an IPad and we sold my desk top. I am not on the laptop and trying to get all my pics organized!

How do you have a good time? Drive up the the rope swing. I think the guys discovered this when they last had a guys night and stayed at Bryson's cabin.

I am a thrill seeker for sure. But I have to admit that I totally wussed out on this one. I can do extreme things, but when it involves two then I have to make a judgement call. Not only did this involve height, but water. Hey I could not only die from the fall but I could drownd too! Too risky, no thanks!

Plus this thing was pretty high up there. 20ft? Too high for me. Again I am a wuss for sure!

Here is Andrew showing us how it's done:
Steve went, of course. We ran across some issues with this jump. Let me rewind to our first few months of marriage. Steve had read somewhere on his mission that if you scare your "partner" once a day you have a closer relationship. He felt like he got along pretty well with his companions so I was subjected to this school of thought. I must admit we do have a great relationship. But the scaring each other stopped when the "incident" happened. We were up at the married student housing at the U. I decided that I wanted to try this out and jumped out into the bathroom while Steve was cleaning out his ears. Well you can guess what happened next....the Q Tip went straight in. When he pulled it out he collapsed on the floor and said that he was dizzy! He insisted he was fine but when he went to work that night a coworker pointed out that there was blood dripping out of it! We found an instacare that was open until midnight and we went for a visit. The doctor informed us that he could not see what damage was done because there was far too much blood in there! He asked us to come back, and even said he would not charge us a copay. Did Steve go back? NO! Why? I have no idea!?!

This brings us to the rope swing. He went under the water and almost didn't come up! He said that he almost passed out under there from all the pressure on his ear! Um hello!!! Get your ear checked! ( Love you, just trying to paint a picture). So one time was enough for him!

Steve is watching with Katy on the seat that Ang made for us, thanks for that! Do you want to know how to freak your kid out? Take them to the rope swing. Katy screamed her lovely scream every time someone let go of the rope! We finally got her to calm down after a while. Poor thing...what we subject her to!

The Davis's

The money shot. This is Bryson's best shot. He was making us all laugh so hard. I think on the last jump he tried to do a back flip but ended up doing a belly flop on his side! Ouch, but way funny!

Rachel showed me and Ang up and actually went off this thing, twice! Hey good job! She insisted that Andrew yell "LET GO" when she was supposed to release the rope so she wouldn't come back and hit the tree!

This is Davis's money shot....very GQ! Ha!

The Duncans.

Katy looks pretty pleased that we are leaving here. Ha, she is so funny!

And this is Katy's money shot.....the motorcycle mag shot! Too bad Steve hauled this thing all the way up just to find that he left his keys at home.

Hey we had a good time anyhow! Maybe next time I'll grow a pair and give it a try.....probably not though!

6 comments:

Britney said...

How fun! Er...I mean how fun to WATCH everyone else do that. I could never! And make Steve an appointment for his ear! sheesh.

Anonymous said...

What a fun group of friends...but I would have been with you on the non jumping crew! since I have become a mom my seeking for danger has decreased dramatically. Too many people to think about if I were to injure myself! You got some awesome shots of those that jumped...totally awesome!

Randi said...

looks so fun!

Ken and Jos said...

I don't blame you! Rope swings are scary and that last time I attempted one I fell off and rolled down a mountain. It freaked me out and haven't been on one since!

Luke and Marin said...

How fun!! We were so sad to miss it. Thanks again for tonight, I loved seeing you guys!!

Suzie said...

That looks like some serious fun! And oh man I don't think I would have been brave enough to go off the rope swing either. But you got some awesome pictures of it. Oh and Katy on the motorcycle...how cute!