Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekend Fun

We obviously missed out on the fireworks this year, for good reason. Kind of sad considering I worked hard to get Katy excited about the "boom boom sparkies" as she calls them! But we still had a great 4th of July weekend.

We ate lunch at the park...

This is my Martha Stewart attempt at a skirt. Brit sent me a really cute, and fairly easy pattern to follow. I could't find anything I liked and a girl's got to have a 4th of July outfit, right? Well here is my attempt. We figured it was good to wear all weekend.

Katy was more than happy to show me where she hurt her leg. Still lookin' festive thanks to Shenna's wrap! She was getting pretty used to having us carry her all over the place. At the park she directed me to put her in her "strolie" and "push" her around. Yup, she was pretty good at giving us orders to take her around!

And Wendy had us over for dinner. They had a big party with Chris's family and had a lot of leftovers. I am always available for leftovers, by the way!

Joanne showed me that even though I don't know squat about doing hair, you can still pull out a french braid on this thing! All you need is a little help from an otter pop.

The finished product.

We had a pretty good time playing with the chalk too. Steve whipped out Katy's favorite Mickey Mouse.

Katy did too, can't you see the resemblance? Very impressive Katy!

3 comments:

T.Irwin said...

She is so very cute! It always makes me smile to come to your blog and see your pictures of her adorableness.

Ken and Jos said...

LOVE the blue polka dot skirt!!

Anonymous said...

[color=#666666]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. beardshall.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#666666]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]