Sunday, December 4, 2011

baby B Week 18

I thought it'd be fun this week to put the old wives tales to the test. I am basing my information off what I found here.

1. This one you can do just by looking south: if you're carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low you're carrying a boy.
-NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE, IT'S JUST THERE!
2. According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy.
- Boy. My doctor couldn't even find a heart beat the first few appointments, which freaked me out!
3. Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy.
- Boy. Give me nachos and chips all day, and put some french fries on the side! Ha. When I was pregnant with Katy all I wanted was lemon aid and oranges!
4. Lefend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.
- Boy. I am 28 years old and it's 2011.
5. Chinese Birth Chart. This ancient method uses your age at conception and the month you did the deed to determine gender.
- Boy. Found here.
6. The ring test. Pop off your wedding ring and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl.
- Girl, according to this one. My friend Holly is convinced that back and forth is a boy, so that would win this one too!
7. Sick as a dog during the first trimester? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy.
- Girl on this one. I have been sicker than a dog for sure this go around. I was not sick one day with Katy.

It sure will be fun to find out...but like I said above: whatever you are, you are exactly what we wanted!

So what do you think???

6 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I craved salt with Cameron too - lays regular chips was my poison. Love your posts!! Can't wait to find out what you are having too.

Randi said...

can't wait to find out!

Nicole and Kevin said...

I say...boy. But I think that is only because that is what I want you to have, so we can be the same again :)

Alesha said...

You are the cutest EVER!

Eardley Fam said...

Such a cute post Amy! And you are the cutest prego girl ever!! I never could really tell with all the old wives tales what I was having but I do agree with the sickness, I was soo sick with both my girls! So who knows!

Tyanna said...

This is such a cute post! I remember my needle/ring test swinging a boy, but my Chinese calendar predicted a girl and I got a boy...so my guess for you is Girl. Another gorgeous little Beardshall girl.