Monday, December 26, 2011

Baby B Week 21



Yeah, I didn't really get around to making a picture last week because I was so sick. I think I had a little of everything...although the throwing up is normal and it was not any more than I usually do, so I think that one was little buddy!

Christmas was AWESOME this year. Katy seriously made Christmas so great. I thought it was fun last year, but it fails in comparison to this year. Santa always left our stockings by our bedroom door so he does that for Katy too. She woke up at 5:00 am asking if it was time to get up. I got her to go back to bed but she was up again at 6:00. It didn't matter because she was SO excited about her stocking. Everything she pulled out of that puppy was the BEST present in the world. She was even elated about the orange and apple :). Then we really had a laugh when she was completely satisfied with her stocking and was shocked when we told her that Santa had probably left some presents down the stairs.

More on that later....

Little buddy is on the move. He is going crazy most of the time but especially at night. That, I'm convinced, comes from Steve. I am starting to feel like I'm big. I'm having trouble getting up into the truck and have joked that Steve is going to have to get me a step stool before long. We defiantly have ideas for names but nothing is set in stone yet. Hopefully we can narrow this down coming up. Ahhh...naming someone is quite the task!
Last thing worth noting is the fact that Katy is loving talking to the baby. She is always singing little brother songs and telling her what she is doing. She always tries to "hear" what he is telling her. I told her the other day that he kicked her in the head (because he was kicking around when she had her head on there), she thought that was hilarious and has since asked him nicely to not kick her head when she is listening in!

I'm still a bit shocked that we are having a boy. I think my friend Tyanna said it best for me (her daughter is Katy's age and she has the cutest little guy around)...

Congrats Amy!! I remember feeling pretty certain I was having a girl and when the Ultrasound tech said it was a boy, I felt perplexed the whole day...I mean I was excited, of course, but all I knew was GIRL and I knew I could do a girl...but, a boy? All I can say is I am SOOOOOO glad I have a little boy. Boys are fun and sweet in such special and different ways. Its nice to still be able to do the cute-girly things with Sen and its especially nice to NOT have to do Dutch's hair :) So happy for you guys! Katy will love it!

That not doing hair part is pretty great sounding to me! Hey by the time he get's here I may finally have a handle on Katy's hair (probably not).

See ya later this week!

1 comment:

McKell Callister said...

Fun Christmas...that makes me grateful that my kids slept til 7:30 when I read about people getting up so early. Everytime you do Katy's hair, you should just remember me wishing that I had somebody's hair to braid, then you won't feel so bad;) Boy hair is definitely easy...although it does probably take a lot more haircuts and it makes me wish I'd have gone to hair school because I hate paying for it, but don't dare to do it myself for fear of messing it up.