Saturday, August 11, 2012

august 11


I'm so glad we made it to the sandy city hot air balloon festival. I guess it makes sense that they only launch the balloons in the morning, when they can see. In the evening (when we went) they do the balloon glow. 

We met our friends the Davis's for dinner before hand. Darn I didn't think to get a picture all together. Katy and Annie thought the balloons were great. I think everyone got a little scared when they turned on the huge flames to fill them up. We were pretty close to one that particularly freaked Will out. He was a happy clam, then they pulled the gas and he lost it...scared him to death! Katy was a bit stand offish until Steve said it was a campfire flame!

He always laughs at the things I find for us to do...and drug his feet a bit to actually go to the festival...but he said he had a good time. He even said that it was pretty cool. Good husband award right there!





5 comments:

Randi said...

beautiful balloons looks like fun!

Heidi said...

We were there too! Bummer we missed each other.

Nicole and Kevin said...

Looks like fun!!! I need to see you, I am having withdrawals :). Katy looked so CUTE on her first day of school, and Will is so handsome!!!!

The Hardy's said...

Your pictures of the balloons are gorgeous. I can't believe how cute your little Will is and Katy is getting so big! Cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

if nothing else Amy the pictures are amazing!!! I love your little family picture it is just awesome!!! Your baby boy is darling...not to mention he beautiful big sis!!!